ad: ProAudio-1

ISS Frequencies and URL for NASA Tracking

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, May 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Voyager24 writes "Since submitting an article on "Let's give everyone a chance to contact the ISS". I've received may e-mails from foreign hams that would like to hear and try and talk to the ISS. They don't know the frequencies nor do they have the URL for the NASA tracking information.
    As a service I'd like to provide that information here so that they have a better chance of hearing, if not talking to the ISS.

The Worldwide downlink for voice and packet is: 145.800 FM (voice)

Uplink voice for Region 1 is: 145.200

Uplink voice for Regions 2 and 3 is: 144.490

USA Callsign: NA1SS

Russian Callsign: RS0ISS or RZ3DZR

German Callsign: DL0ISS

If you have internet access the following URL will give you the current flight of the ISS and Soyuz craft.
    http://science.nasa.gov/ newhome/headlines/ast06may99_1.htm
    Once this page loads, scroll down and double click on J-Pass 2.0, when the next screen opens, since you're not in the US you don't need to enter a ZIP code. If you are in the US then enter your ZIP code. Check the current time zone on the left of the screen and make sure it correlates with your time, if not then change the time to the correct time (actually monitors your computers time).

Go to the top left of the screen and double click on J-Track
    When this screen opens if you go down to the radio button Config. this will bring up a list of items that are tracking on the screen.
    If you highlight the ones you don't want to view and then click on Remove you will only be viewing the Station and Soyuz then click on Finished.

If the tracking path doesn't come up correctly just click on the map and it will show the correct path.
    You can follow the current path and clicking on any location will give you the time that the ISS would be in that location.
    Good luck and I hope you get to hear and ultimately talk with the ISS.
    Susan Helms has been on and so has Dennis Tito (our USA paying tourist).

Don't be disappointed, most of the time, here in the US at least, I only hear packet signals being sent down on the worldwide downlink frequency.

73's"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.