Is your wireless device Killing You?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, Feb 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Speaking of Unstable Frequency Oscillators, have you looked at the drift in this thread lately? o_O

K4PIH likes this.
  2. KN6SD

KN6SD Ham Member QRZ Page

This (When a feral is spayed or neutered, its right ear is given a small notch or tip. It’s a very minor medical procedure and a proud badge, demonstrating to neighbors, animal control officers, and animal shelters that this cat has a home and a caretaker. As you can see from the photos below, the cat’s beauty and charm remain in full force! https://fixourferals.org/trapping-care/how-to-recognize-a-fixed-feral/ ) was included in my post so people would get the joke... Nothing more, Sheeeesh…….

Good morning Grumpy!!!

Russ

3. KN6SD

KN6SD Ham Member QRZ Page

VWM,

You seem pretty sensitive to the subject of Cell Phones Killing people. Do you own a Cell Phone Store or are you connected to the telecom industry in another way??? :)

4. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sure ..blame the equipment and not the operator.....
    Anything can be a weapon if you hold it right.:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

KI4AX likes this.
  5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

No, I am connected to the truth in health science industry.

Suggesting people can get harmed (killed?) by cell phones or other wireless devices without any proof or evidence of anything, is simply junk science.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    NL7W likes this.
  6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you have a well documented case of cell phones killing people? Very widespread mobile phone use has been common for at least 10 to 20 years now...

What Dr. Davis showed were a few compelling anecdotal associations and some seemingly decent controlled experiments, which indicate that there may be a problem at high powers and close proximity over extended time periods.

My takeaway from that was that it's probably prudent to avoid having the phone right next to me in my pocket for extended periods, in marginal coverage areas, when not really needed. I already use the speaker phone frequently and hands-free in the car. So other than that I'm not changing my cell phone behavior until more evidence of a problem becomes available.

W7UUU and KC8VWM like this.
  7. K5MIL

K5MIL Ham Member QRZ Page

STH - Gee Glen, thanks for calling me a liar. I assure you that this incident did happened to a ham in Garland even it you did not ever hear of it. No, I don't remember the hams call, I do remember his name was Don and no I don't remember his last name even though he was a member of the Garland, TX Amateur Radio Club (GARC). It was a long time ago and as I stated I was not privy to all of the details of the incident. Whether the FCC issued a written order, or just suggested that he stay off of the air to avoid more trouble with the neighbor I don't know, but I do know he did not operate from that QTH again. Just because YOU did not personally witness or hear of an incident does not mean it never happened.

Have a nice day
    Bill - K5MIL

8. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe it. I've been using wifi for 10 years now, and I'm starting to see more wrinkles on my face, and am having increased prostate issues.

KI4AX, W1TRY and KQ9J like this.
  9. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes similar animals tell their companions about "alien abductions" and similar body probes with much skepticism.:rolleyes:

10. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

Union Pacific Railroad codified that in their rule book and based on that the use of a cell phone while fueling was prohibited. I could think of several good reasons not to use the cell phone in such a situation but blowing the place up while the guy/gal on the other side of the pump is likely smoking a cigarette while fueling was not one of them.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019