Is your wireless device Killing You?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, Feb 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KN6SD

KN6SD Ham Member QRZ Page

KA4DPO likes this.
  2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Enjoy? Is that a command? I have been in high RF environments for 50 years. The last 35 in cellular. The science is attractive in the clip but the application of the science is voodoo.

I am nearly 68 and my only problem comes from being too fat. I doubt RF exposure caused that.

th.jpeg

W4ZDO, W4IOA, G3ZPF and 10 others like this.
  3. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I can personally attest that I have this big wire antenna hanging up outside and it's picking up a lot of strange sounding voices I never heard before.

KA4DPO, NL7W, WA8FOZ and 1 other person like this.
  4. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will give up my wireless devices when they pry them from my cold dead hands

5. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

6. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

The problem is the users who use wireless devices while driving--they'll kill you.

N0NB, K4PIH, N4NYK and 9 others like this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see a skull and crossbones on my electric meter. Maybe I should call them and demand an explanation.

N0TZU likes this.
  8. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

What science?

All I watched was an otherwise intelligent sounding individual with good presentation skills on a stage at an academic institution invoking a lot of abstract connotation, unsupported generalizations and suggestive suspicions. The entire presentation was chock full of conjecture without any solid established basis, scientific foundation and was clearly devoid of supportive fact.

In particular, the attempt during the presentation to make some kind of correlation between the biological damaging effects of UV exposure while making generalized similarities relating it to RF exposure (while using photos of babies and children in the process) is nothing short of quackery and has nothing to do with any science I am aware of.

The presentation came across similar to others who stand before a listening audience making their plea to start a new movement of believers in supernatural phenomenon and UFO's.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    N4DJT, KD0CAC, NL7W and 5 others like this.
  9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

UFOs certainly exist. My first several attempts at this resulted in Unstable Frequency Oscillators.

10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I wouldn’t insult UFOlogists like that.

Are we sure this wasn’t an outtake from a rejected “Safe Auto” insurance commercial? I was reminded of their current “Pepperoni Plates” informercial spoof...

W4NNF likes this.