Is there a WSJT-X black list?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by SV1SLB, Oct 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. SV1SLB

SV1SLB Ham Member QRZ Page

Saw today a page at the QRZ, that was at least rude. He claimed that when he calls CQ DX, it means that no European station should answer his call, he will be ignored and he is not going to waste his time answering and so on.
    Well, in my personal opinion the guy is a least rude, impolite. I do not want to work him anyway, but working on FT8 one station after the other, maybe, just maybe, I forget his call sign and call him.
    So, I ask, is there a black list in this software? Somewhere to fill call signs that you want ignored?
    Thank you for your time,
    73s

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you might be able to do that with JTAlert,

K1XH likes this.
  3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Lifes to short to worry about things like this. Build a bridge, get over it and just get on with enjoying your hobby. If I was to block every idiot that posts something stupid on QRZ, i wouldn't even be able to talk to myself. ;)

KB2SMS, N1VAU, KC2IEB and 7 others like this.
  4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why would you spend 10 seconds worrying about this? Much less fulminating over it? That's pretty much accepted behavior. When I hear a stateside station calling CQ DX on ANY MODE I don't call him. Well, I might if I need his state/county and he ain't getting any DX calls just to see if I can get him to work me real quick. :)

KC2IEB and W0AQ like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hello? Did you say something? Hmmmmmm that's odd.

I could have sworn you said something.

Oh well.... must just be me :D

Dave
    W7UUU

WD4ELG, W4IOA, AG4RT and 2 others like this.
  6. KR2C

KR2C Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If a European station calls CQ DX then I would hope that no European station answers him. It's common courtesy. Same as a US station calling CQ DX. No stateside stations should answer him. Not being rude at all.

KY1K, W4NNF and K3XR like this.
  7. VK4HAT

Voices? Do i hear voices? HAHAHA

WD4ELG likes this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Naw, that's you bouncing all the way back around long path.

VK4HAT likes this.
  9. VK4HAT

Just log the call in WSJT and it comes up as already worked and you never have to worry about working them again.

10. W5IEI

W5IEI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Really ???
    This crap is that important to you ?
    That's pretty sad.

W4IOA and W0AQ like this.