Is there a way to block entire forums from appearing?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by WY0M, Nov 30, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe if some folks are being "triggered" by having to look at undesired post a "Safe Zone" forum might be in order.

2. W5WAY

W5WAY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you do the ritual outlined in post #28, and then go to the Forums page (where all the forums are shown) before hitting New Posts, there should be joy. Works every time for me. Apparently YMMV; I dunno. :confused:
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I go back to the Forums page as the last step before hitting New Posts.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  3. W5WAY

W5WAY Ham Member QRZ Page

No safe zone needed or wanted here. I see a problem that I don't care for and I devise a workaround (or try like hell anyway). I did that with AutoCAD for 16 years. Never called cust. support.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  4. KV6O

KV6O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I let my QRZ subscription expire, and now I don't see the political forum when I use the "New Posts" feature. Kinda sad that this is what it takes, I hope QRZ addresses this as I'd like to support them with a subscription, but not if it makes the experience worse!

The down sides so far - can't reply in the "subscribers only" forum (duh), and I see the ads again, but that's about it. No more Hillary or Trump garbage in my Ham Radio site!

The ads make using QRZ from my cell phone almost impossible - most of the screen space on a cell is the ads. Will have to stick with my tablet or computer.

I'll sign back up with this is fixed, but for now, this is the workaround.

Steve
    KV6O

5. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

For me, it's only the Just Talking - Põlitics [Sewer] that I don't want to search. Several other forums have zero interest to me. I never visit them, and therefore, there's no desire to search them. It would seem that (at the least) a paying member ought to be able to opt-out of searching those forums.

K6CLS likes this.
  6. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

When QRZ administration modifies the software so whole threads can be put on ignore , maybe than "please add mu callsign" posts could be added to the list - by them.
    I for one am not interested to know who wants to sign up for QRZ.

On similar note - do the participants on QRZ know they are on my "ignore list "?
    I would hope they will figure it out , eventually, but one never knows.
    And NO , I did not notified them. HI HI HI

73 Shirley

W5WAY and K6CLS like this.
  7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

wonder if I am on anyones IGNORE list? I only have 1 person on mine, who was particularly abusive and cruel with comments and I dont see him anymore on QRZed.

8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I meant to say for me, it's NOT only the Just Talking - Põlitics [Sewer] that I don't want to search (It's mostly repulsive and I have no interest). I just have no interest in some other forums.
    I used to maintain an Ignore list, until I found those I was ignoring continued to post stuff I objected to and were going unchallenged. Now, if/when someone does that, I can choose to respond or not.

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I was hoping maybe after Trump is in office he will ban politics from forums and fake news sites. :)
    I can see you have me on ignore.

I guess you got tired because I tell the truth. Your loss not mine. :rolleyes:

Have Fun Everyone.

10. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just discovered the wonderful feature I have been looking for. I went to "Your Account...Settings...Browsing Preferences..Hide Forums (beta) and marked the Political Sewer as my selection to be hidden. Now I can stay logged into QRZ and enjoy the forums without having to see, however slightly, the deranged rantings of a few political extremists. It can be mostly friendly chat, educational technical conversation, amateur radio news and all the other good things I subscribed for in the first place. I will definitely be renewing my paid subscription. Thanks!

WA7PRC, KA9JLM and KV6O like this.