ad: elecraft

Is there a way to block entire forums from appearing?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by WY0M, Nov 30, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you are a non subscriber you will not seep posts in the Just Talking, and Just Talking Political forums.

2. AF6LJ

I have mentioned this before;
    It should be possible to add the capability to ignore whole forums, this can be done in the Simple Machines forum software. The EEV blog, which I am a subscriber to has this function, why someone has not written the code to do it here escapes me.
    Being all for freedom of choice I would love to see this happen...

3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not just about the "Just Talking - Põlitical [Sewer]". For (at least) paying customers, it should include ALL forums.

I have mentioned this before... and then the thread was moved into the "Just Talking - Põlitical [Sewer]" (in which I refuse to post). If you see a post there w/ my callsign, the thread was moved there afterward.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is to bad that you have to become a Un-Subscriber on QRZ for that function to work. :rolleyes:

W5WAY, WA7PRC and WY0M like this.
  5. AF6LJ

I understand;
    It should be no big deal to add an ignore button for any number of forums.

6. AF6LJ

They could fix it....
    And let subscribers filter out any forum they don't want to view.
    They could add a variation of the filter function that already exists in the swap meet forums...
    Just add it to the new posts function and only display the forums you want to see.

They have modified the forum software already...
    Maybe people haven't made enough noise yet.

7. WY0M

WY0M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Like I said... I have a hard time letting idiocy go without challenging it... it would be EASIER for me if I didn't have to see it in the first place. *shrug*

I can just ignore it... but being able to filter out the political crap would go a long way towards having an enjoyable experience reading about Ham Radio stuff.

8. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like to support QRZ with my subscription, so being a non-paying member is not a good option for me (though I did seriously consider it).

I am absolutely not an easily offended "snowflake".

Ignoring the denizens of the political forum works, but some of them post good ham radio related content as well which I don't want to miss.

90+ % of the time I am not interested in delving into the no-holds-barred politics now allowed on QRZ as it is mostly just a pi&&ing contest between the same 8 or so people every day. I am looking for the latest comments related in some way to ham radio, not to spend mental energy on hyper-partisan politics, culture wars or religious wars.

And yes, it does take energy to ignore those posts in the "new" or "recent" lists. For the 10% of the time that I might be tempted by the politics side I can easily peruse that forum as a separate activity, fully prepared for what it entails.

KQ9J likes this.
  9. KV6O

KV6O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Defiantly not a "snowflake" either, and as a paying subscriber I shouldn't have to deal with junk that the non-subscribers don't have to deal with - makes no sense. My subscription ends early next month and I am going to let it expire at this point to see if I like it better. Which is nuts - I have no problem supporting QRZ. Hopefully they will address this soon.

Steve
    KV6O

WA7PRC and K8KJG like this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Me too.