Is there a way to block entire forums from appearing?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by WY0M, Nov 30, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. WY0M

WY0M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Like, lets say I have a hard time resisting the special snowflakes in Just Talking - political sesspool

Can I stop those posts from showing in my feed or do I have to use force of will to not respond to the trolls?

2. KV6O

KV6O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same question here. Makes the "New Posts" function almost unusable.

Steve
    KV6O

WA7PRC and WY0M like this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I submitted a service request for this a week or two ago. I was told it would be considered.

KJ4VTH and WY0M like this.
  4. WY0M

WY0M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome, hopefully they'll move it up the pipe since multiple people would benefit. ;)

5. K8KJG

K8KJG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why not just click on the offender's avatar or call sign to bring up access to their information? You can click on IGNORE and their posts won't show up anymore.

6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess I am missing something here....if I click on "new posts" followed by "recent posts" and when looking down the list of threads if none appeal to me I just avoid them why click on something you would not be interested in reading it would be like clicking on a TV channel you were not interested in watching???

WB0MPB, K9ASE, AF6LJ and 2 others like this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"Spin the dial"

Don't like the subject? Don't open the thread.

Geez - talk about "snowflakes"

Dave
    W7UUU

WA6MHZ, N2EY, KM1H and 5 others like this.
  8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was told it wasn't possible.
    The OP isn't talking about opening a thread. It's about search results showing threads from forums in which he has zero interest. I would add that, aside from NOT seeing search results from the "Just Talking - Põlitics [Sewer]", I'd like to select other forums to NOT clutter my search results. At least, us PAYING members ought to be able to do that.

N0TZU and W7UUU like this.
  9. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The trouble is, pages and pages of search results show up from forums in which the OP (and apparently MANY others) doesn't want to see. Why should a paying member have to see those? And, it's far from just the Just Talking - Põlitics [Sewer] threads. As a paying member, I should be able to select as many or as few forums to search as only I choose. IMO, it should be just another user preference that can be set. Using your comparison, my TV can be programmed to skip channels in which I have no interest; QRZ Forums should allow the user to set similar preferences.

N0TZU likes this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good points Bryan

Dave
    W7UUU