ad: SDRKits-1

Is there a slower way of shipping than...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KP4SX, May 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My company offers SmartPost, but you have to select it. We definitely do not default to it. A lot of ebay type companies quote free shipping, but they don't tell you it's coming SmartPost and you could wait quite some time for it.

I've had SmartPost package sit for 2-3 days at my local post office before they get on a truck. It's a garbage way to ship.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

I still don't the advantage to delaying a delivery. OK if it's not priority but purposely delaying for several days makes no sense to me.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I get the impression that USPS intentionally slows down their competitors.

4. W4EAE

W4EAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Where the Post Office has really lost out is with very poorly negotiated--or negotiated at the barrel of a gun--contracts with companies like Amazon, UPS, and FedEx.

If you were USPS, would you prioritize a package for which you are being paid 1/5th of the going rate?

5. KP4SX

They only lose a couple of dollars per package but they make up for it in volume. :eek::rolleyes:

KD2ACO likes this.
  6. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

what surprises me is how fast some get here by ground,usps and others. its like they gave my box to a guy in a vette !!

7. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Speaking of slow shipping, did that box of puppies get there yet? First class mail, should have been there by monday or tursday. I bet those pups will be hungry after 9 days.

8. KP4SX

NOPE. There has been a glitch somewhere in the system locally. I'm still waiting on something mailed from Miami that dropped off of tracking 6/6. Another item from NV which had dropped off tracking about the same time showed up today. "Informed Delivery" didn't know it existed - haha.

9. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

RR, just checking. No telling where it is. Ordinary first class mail, so no tracking available. Non-perishable, so no worries.

10. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Where do you get non-perishable puppies?