ad: k1jek

Is there a plain, simple logging program that'll work with LOTW, EQSL, etc. and easy?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KD4RDS, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
  1. N0JPD

N0JPD Ham Member QRZ Page

Logging Program

Log4OM may be just what you are looking for, free program and it is much more than just logging. There is some initial setup and specifying folders where you want logs processed and such. Part of it is entering your LOTW and EQSL credentials if desired. Your logs are automaticaly uploaded to both with just a click of the mouse. For LOTW the authenticated file is automaticaly created and uploaded with a confirmation that it was uploaded. It also connects to a cluster to show you what DX contacts are on and where. It can control you radio if you desire. When you type a call sign in it automaticaly populates all the QTH info in and such because it looks at the QRZ database. Very powerful program check it out....

Andy

2. KD4RDS

KD4RDS Ham Member QRZ Page

I've started working with DXKeeper and for right now, it seems to be clicking with me. Of course, I've only had one contact to log since I installed it. We'll see.

3. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

With HRD just figure out how to log, LOTW and eQSL. That is pretty easy and HRD makes LOTW and eQSL simple.

I don't use much else other than this in HRD.

4. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I also recommend ACLog. The latest version is 4.2 and it blows me away. I've been using ACLog since ACLog since version 3.0 and I love it. Use it for free for 45 days, and if you like it, it costs $24.99 and you get all of the updates and upgrades fpr free. Have a problem? Send N3FJP an email and he'll help very quickly. Change computers? No problem, your registration is still good. Unlike that overpriced HRD. Pay once and your done.

http://www.n3fjp.com/aclog.html

Here is a screen capture of my log (I don't log everything):

ACLog.png

5. K0HB

K0HB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've used a variety of programs, free and pay-for (HRD, CommCat, Logger32, and numerous others). The one I've settled on is Log4OM. It's a no frills, get the job done product. Rig control, antenna control, cluster interface, tracks popular awards, and seamless interface to LoTW. It's free and well supported.

For contesting I use WriteLog.

73, de Hans, K0HB

6. KD4RDS

KD4RDS Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been working with DX Keeper and, so far, it's working OK.

7. 2M0WHN

2M0WHN Ham Member QRZ Page

As a Linux user, I have HRD and the emulator for HRD is okay with it. Although it is the one from last year and it is a good working program.

But my main one is Fldigi and CqrLog. Once it is set up it is a good program to use. Nothing to fault it with apart from it looking different to HRD.

8. NB5N

NB5N Ham Member QRZ Page

Barney - I agree with a previous commenter that Amateur Contact Log (http://www.n3fjp.com) may possibly meet your needs. I've used it for years and it's great, simple, reliable and links nicely to LOTW. It's inexpensive and the technical support is very good. One of the highest rated on eHam.net. Scott also has logs for most contests, if interested. If you really want to get creative, you can customize it to your heart's desire.

Dave, NB5N

9. NM9K

NM9K Ham Member QRZ Page

I use Winlog32. It does eqsl and LOTW, and that's really all I need, so I never bothered to investigate others.

10. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I'll bet DXKeeper will do everything you need. I made the move from HRD to Fldigi and the DXLabs suite (via the gatekeeper) about three years ago and never looked back.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.