ad: QSKLLC-1

Is something wrong with the new Flex (6400/6600)?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W1BG, May 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Complete lack of evidence of any supernatural entities. There is no more evidence for the god of the bible than there is for leprechauns, unicorns, or Santa Claus.

KK6RPX, K1TGX and K1OIK like this.
  2. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

What kind of evidence? It's a bit of a challenge because there can never be any scientific evidence for anything supernatural, because the scientific method completely rules out any supernatural cause and effect. This feature of the scientific method is by design.

Well, see above. It depends on how you define "evidence."

Now, there are good arguments to be made for the historical existence of a man commonly referred to as Jesus of Nazareth. If you want to call historiology a science, then that might be considered "scientific evidence."

I shall report this post for getting into metaphysics.

W4NNF likes this.
  3. K6BBC

K6BBC Senior Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This is actually a discussion forum devoted to ham radio - not religion. Since there is no way to prove or disprove either thought, it's best to conduct religious discussions elsewhere.

N3AWS, K4PIH, W0FS and 2 others like this.
  4. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the Flex 6400 (non-M), and I haven't had any issues with it. Given I use it remotely 99% of the time, I absolutely love it.

5. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I've already reported myself. Feel free to join the bandwagon.

6. K6BBC

K6BBC Senior Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you using an iOS device? I've had no luck making that work.

7. W6UV

This pretty much is what I've seen on other forums. I have not seen any reports of issues that might indicate something other than the typical issues people have with these rigs (namely configuration issues and issues with Windows drivers and updates).

8. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No; I'm a Linux guy by trade, but I use a Windows desktop for my Flex.

My GF's daughter has an iPad. I haven't tried to use it, though maybe I will try it. I know I've heard others using their iPad.

9. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Scientists just haven't been smart enough to find it yet.

Before Voyager 2 and 1, we had no evidence of how great our Galaxy was yet alone the Universe.

Scientific evidence hasn't been found for everything.

The best in some circumstances Science has done so far, is recognizing the effects of a lack there of.

Just like oxygen, You can't see it, you can't touch it, etc.

Still you believe it is there and necessary for life (much like God).
    One could say You place your faith in the existence of oxygen.

Tie a bag over your head and tell us how you make out. You can't prove the oxygen left the bag or didn't. You can only arrive at a hypothesis based on your dead body.

It's probably your best way to prove the existence/evidence of God, heaven and hell in a Scientific way.

W4HM likes this.
  10. W6UV

But you can detect it in several ways. Our senses are not the only way we observe the universe. We know the physical characteristics of oxygen in complete detail. We know its atomic number and weight. We know the structure of its electron shells and how it bonds with itself and other elements. We know the energy levels of its electrons. We know how it behaves as a gas and as a liquid. And dispute not being able to "see" it we know these things because we can measure them. I don't need to put "faith" in the existence of oxygen due to the reasons I just cited. Faith in god, however, is true faith: it requires belief wholly without evidence.

There has never been any credible evidence for the supernatural that will hold up to scrutiny. As Carl Sagan used to say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In the case of the supernatural, there isn't any evidence at all, let alone extraordinary evidence.