Is something wrong with the new Flex (6400/6600)?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W1BG, May 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
  1. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi John,

And it raises those questions in me, too. That's why I really am curious about what level of the corporation those booth workers were?

While stationed at Keesler AFB in Mississippi, we had a radiologist who was an enormous PITA and would do just about anything to dodge work. I can't tell you how many complaints we had to field because of this problem child. We, as a department, suffered a great deal because of his actions--including such things as refusing emergency studies, swearing at patients and staff, refusing to perform on call duty, lying about everything....

Yet, he did not represent our department. Not at all.

I wouldn't want to penalize a company simply because of a stupid decision/action of an individual UNLESS THEY WERE UPPER MANAGEMENT.

Still, whoever they were, FLEX had them working their booth and will be branded by this incident, witnessed by you and many others.

Jim N3AWS

KA4DPO likes this.
  2. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They sold me the 7300 they used in the Flex booth at a price they won't let me reveal. More recently at the ARRL New England convention Steve from Flex said Elecraft K4 technology was 5 years old. When I told Elecraft this they refused to say anything negative about Flex. other than deny their technology was old.

WB3EYB and KA4DPO like this.
  3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see!

4. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had nothing but good experience with the Flex guys... except at Dayton. When I dealt with Flex a few times on the phone regarding my 5000a I was very impressed.

The interactions I had with them in 2015 and 2019 at Dayton/Xenia left me uninterested in their radios.

I'll leave it like that rather than post a long story.

N3AWS likes this.
  5. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just because...

You mentioned Elecraft.

Just tonight my KPA500 died. I'm pretty sure it was a manufacturing issue (floating screws were found in the cabinet). But the unit is out of warranty so I expect to be stuck with the cost.

I betcha Elecraft treats me very well on the phone and through the process of putting this thing back in shape. That's the way they are. Class.

N3AWS and K1OIK like this.
  6. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope , that is still false....Coding is A Profession, not an Art. I proved that in the late 90s and early Naughys [200x] with my young crew of professionals making Hi-Tech Web Sites and APIs to do remote work and IBM was fielding ADs on TV about where are your Web developers... Oh they are SnowBoarding ... Sorry those are not real DevSecOps developers than....Hi HI

Profession rules over art, Yet that is funny since many call me Art instead of my Artemus name like Ross Martin...

7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You do know what the world's oldest profession is don't you?

K8XG likes this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

o_O
    That was pretty dog gone random....

is there something you need to tell us?

9. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Too bad. I buy almost nothing but Apple today when it comes to the computers. They just work very well and have worked for close to a decade just as fast as the day I bought them. Never got that from any Windows system. I don't know what it is about Windows computers, but the longer you have them, the slower they get. My nine year old Macbook Pro works just as great as the day I bought it. The only Windows systems I use are strictly for ham radio since most ham radio applications run on Windows. But it is Apple Mac for everything else.

WD0BCT likes this.
  10. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't worry, at death, He will not ignore you. LOL!