Is something wrong with the new Flex (6400/6600)?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W1BG, May 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I never had any problems with my plain old radios at all, they just work.

K1OIK likes this.
  2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I like your shack, but I like your avatar even more.

3. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Excuse me? What are you talking about?

4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sagan's quote in your post seems to take our existence for granted.
    Is our mere existence not supernatural? " We exist therefore we are" is actually a pretty deep concept and not just a statement of fact.

5. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

When you buy a Flex you have entered a world of superiority, they
    re, "plain old radios at all, they just work.", Flex releases software and in essence the customers become the beta testers.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  6. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why should our existence be supernatural? We're all a part of nature, and since there's no evidence that anything other than the nature we see exists, there's no need to make up a supernatural explanation.

K2XT likes this.
  7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And you are entitled to your view. What you see is what you get. But please don't imply that this view is somehow more open minded than those who ponder a little deeper. Theologians don't have any proof of more but the possibility of more dictates since we are aware of a higher order perhaps we should live to requirements of a higher order rather than just what we see and touch.

But we are wandering far from the OP. But I should add that ones view of the FLEX 6400/6600 (or any current SDR) is a function of more than seeing and touching...it's the feel while operating also.

8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I considered an "M" Flex very seriously. I visited their booth in Huntsville, talked to the reps, and came away impressed. That was balanced against the very real problems I heard about from owners. It was close, but I chose the 7610 instead. However, I could see myself with a Flex down the line. :)

K0UO and K1OIK like this.
  9. N8UE

N8UE Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree they are the same. Both work great.

10. W1JAC

W1JAC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I started with a Flex 6300,moved on to a 6500 (Great Radio) and finally I succumbed to the 6600M hype!
    My mistake ,should have stayed with 6500! Sold 6600M (not too big a hit) and now I run an Anan 8000,
    should have made switch sooner! Just my 2 cents, read at your own risk

K0UO and N3AWS like this.