Is SO-50 Okay?

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by KR0SIV, Dec 13, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W5PFG

W5PFG Ham Member QRZ Page

No offense taken. We keep the thread alive as a reminder that SO-50 is a great satellite - day and NIGHT.

If you're getting notifications about the thread and you don't want them, you can hit "Unwatch Thread" at the upper right of the page.

W5SAT, K4BAD, WE4B and 1 other person like this.
  2. KR0SIV

KR0SIV Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh yeah nothing wrong with that, I just know generally most forums don't like to bump up old posts and I got an email earlier today and I was just amazed that there were still people on this thread.

Although now that you mention it I probably will hit the unwatch button.

It is however a reminder that I might be active on the form again I haven't been here in a while.

3. W5PFG

W5PFG Ham Member QRZ Page

It was nice to work an evening SO-50. For me it had been a while. I made three contacts at 03:30 UTC 11/18/2018. Mostly quiet pass.

WE4B and WD9EWK like this.
  4. W5WTH

W5WTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I miss my KW-D72A. :(
    Hope it is returned soon.....

WE4B likes this.
  5. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi!

Just worked SO-50 a little after 6pm PST (0200 UTC) this evening. Working fine, with KE4AL making a bunch of QSOs from EM41/51 line in Mississippi.

73!

WE4B, W5PFG and K6EIR like this.
  6. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

You also snagged @W4AQT :) Of course it was dark here in Central Alabama, but the satellite performed flawlessly for the contact. Viva SO-50!

W5PFG and WD9EWK like this.
  7. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

0130z pass tonight sounded GREAT. Best it's ever sounded (to me, at least). Of course, my recording was lost to the ether..... :(

WD9EWK, W5PFG and WE4B like this.
  8. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi!

The 0050 UTC pass this evening, as there was still light in the western sky and nothing but moonlight to the east, was a busy pass. John KG4AKV showed up from FM13 on the North Carolina coast, a rare grid that has very little land in it.

73!

K4BAD and W5PFG like this.
  9. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

On the 00:57 pass of SO-50 on 11/24/2018 W4AQT worked KK4YEL, K7TAB, KB6LY and WD9EWK. Basically she worked stations from the east coast of the USA to the west coast. Yep, I'd say the bird is still performing flawlessly. W4AQT was kind enough to let me hold the antenna and radio so I could snag KG4AKV for FM13 as she got him last night in FM13. It's a wonderful satellite.

K3RLD, W5PFG and WD9EWK like this.
  10. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been a couple of months since anybody has posted a status update on SO-50. I'm pleased to report that W4AQT just made six contacts on it this evening when SO-50 was in full eclipse. It seems to still be working quite well. Viva S0-50! 2018-12-22 19.43.30.jpg

AF7IN, KA2CZU, K4BAD and 1 other person like this.