Is previous Logbook lost when callsign is changed?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KN4LXB, Jun 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KN4LXB

KN4LXB Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC granted my vanity callsign Wednesday at 2am EST, and within 24 hours my old callsign (KN4LXB) appeared invalid on QRZ because it was cancelled in the FCC database.... so on QRZ my detailed biography and my Logbook are gone.... I can still log in as KN4LXB, but there is no profile page and no logbook any longer.

And of course my new vanity callsign is not appearing as valid here yet....

So are my QSO's from my old callsign gone now and deleted?!

I used the "manage callsign" option to have both callsigns at least show up in the database while waiting for it to sync with FCC.. I am not sure if this is acceptable or not.. and I'm not understanding how once my new callsign (KX4ASH) does appear on QRZ, how will it be assigned to my account; how do I log in under KX4ASH? Does it automatically transfer the name of KN4LXB to KX4ASH?

(I apologize if this has been addressed in the forums already, upon multiple searches I could not find this issue discussed.)

2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The QRZ Database needs to be corrected. Contact: https://ssl.qrz.com/support