Is HRD Taling new orders?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KI7LFD, Apr 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI7LFD

KI7LFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Efforts to contact HRD haven't worked. Are they shut sown due to virus ?

2. W6IR

W6IR Ham Member QRZ Page

Well they did put out an update in the past week or 2 so my guess is they may be working from home. Keep trying.

3. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to SOURCE .COM and there another site,km4 and don't remeber his full call,but he has the older HAM RADIO DELUXE free programs. Most other programs are free. Get the 5.24.68 HRD is free and works just as good as the new higher priced program.

4. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's not complete information, there are many new features. In addition, many new rigs are directly supported. I would have to look, but I think I paid less than $30 for my current service contract.

They issued an update last week, so I'm sure they are still at it. I don't think you need to contact them directly to buy a subscription, that should be possible on their website.

I think HRD work's from multiple offices worldwide.

5. KA1BSZ

I think you'd better read my post again. I stated about the FREE programs and yes the newer programs have up dates. The older, free programs work great, that is if you want that. There others too that are free such as fidigi,mixw and muitpsk.My post was related to HRD. My first HAM RADIO DELUXE program was the only one that was just one mode,psk and that was 2004.

6. KA1BSZ

no

7. K8HIT

Your claim was the old version works just as well. That statement is not complete, the new paid version has many more features and supports new rigs.

8. KA1BSZ

sir my claim is that it " WORKS " just as well,it did not claim it was the same as the new. as in automobiles, does it use a key? yes ,they both use a key.

9. KA1BSZ

and as far as the new rig,yes the new supports newer rig. if a new ham is on a strict budget such as now, maybe the newb would like something a little cheaper to start with for now and then in time up grade to something better. I didn't start out with 80 foot tower,13 element beam, 2 kw amp and aa $2000.00 dollar rig with other things like a new 2 meter rig with beam,etc and spend $10 grand to start as a novice. I had 10 meter cb antenna and hw 101 a and straight key. cost $400.00

10. K8HIT

Maybe you should read the original post. There was an inquiry about contacting the current HRD for a purchase. All this stuff about budget is irrelevant.