IS HAM RADIO AFFECTING YOUR MARRIAGE?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K3BEQ, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

This could be the case. No further comments on this, as it strays too far from the main topic.:)

W7UUU likes this.
  2. VA3VF

A very good point. My 'legal' background is based on the French Civil Code, not the British Common Law. There are differences in the way this situation is 'handled'.

There are lots of differences between our two great countries. These differences truly makes us two distinct societies. Neither better nor worse than the other, distinct.

I note that I seem to be the only non-US based poster most of the time, regardless of the thread/topic. I need to be mindful of cultural and legal differences at all times.

That said, I should stop here, as far as this discussion goes.;)

3. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nope! You're not the only non-US based poster here. VK4HAT is quite active on this forum and has previously commented on American customs and laws.

VK4HAT likes this.
  4. VA3VF

Oh yes...that other 'troublemaker'.:D

I'm joking, Rob. I do enjoy your posts very much!

Good to know I'm not the only ET.;)

VK4HAT and KD2ACO like this.
  5. VA3VF

You scared me there. I wonder if this is why she asked me: Why not work until age 65?

And I thought everything was 'hunky-dory'.:D:D:D

6. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course its horses for courses, but if the wife is saying why are you spending all your time on that thing, what she really is saying is why dont you spend some time with me. And what kind of man does not want to spend time with his wife and kids?

If im playing radio and my wife comes in mid pileup and says honny im going to bed, i trip the breaker on the earth leakage switch and go brush my teeth, because if she was going to sleep, she would have just gone to bed.

Give your partners the time and attention they require, and then some more because they deserve it and they will want you todo whatever other things you enjoy because they want you to be as happy as you have made them feel.

N2EY likes this.
  7. VK4HAT

Not just younuns either, we modeled our relationship around the whole idea of equality and equal responsibility. We split all chores equally, I cook, she does the dishes, we do the shopping together and I pay for it as its one of my half of the bills. What remains of her pay each week is hers and if she needs more money she can take it out of my account, cause mostly i dont care and she has a copy of my card for just that reason. No one person carries the burden in this house its all shared out equally.

And with 4 daughters between us, we taught them all the same. 3 of the 4 are young stay at home mothers with babies and their partners come home after work and change nappies, cook dinner and give them an hour to just chill out. And these young men want to actually spend time with their children. Some like to rag on the millennials, but our daughters partners are 10 times the men my father and many of his generation ever were.

Family dinner the other night because one of my daughters is moving interstate, daughters are sitting at the table having a glass of wine and chatting, their partners are changing nappies and nursing babies. Try and find a group of over 50's men who did that womens work.

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Aha! So you admit you’re a troublemaker!

Welcome to the club!

9. VK4HAT

Someone has to defend the empire and its left up to you and me ;) HAHAHAHAHA

10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I never thought of "modeling" a marital relationship. All the helping out stuff should come naturally.

N6HCM likes this.