IS HAM RADIO AFFECTING YOUR MARRIAGE?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K3BEQ, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm not going to show my wife Martha's Vineyard or I'll have to install one and never get anything done again (and go broke keeping it full).

K1LKP and KC8VWM like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

My lovely wife Anne N7ANN fully embraces all that is ham radio around here. She's very involved in our club (www.W7DK.org) and is supportive in every way of what I do in my own "ham world" - we share the same house, the same hearth, the same bed, and the same ham shack :)

I'm a very lucky man and I know it :)

Dave
    W7UUU

NK2U, WE4E, W2AI and 3 others like this.
  3. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Amateur Is Balanced.....

N2SR likes this.
  5. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Not really, most use coax.:D

W4NNF, W2AI, KC8VWM and 3 others like this.
  6. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe that's the problem......

7. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, but the wife may have issues with the way one brings a balanced line into the house, so coax it is.;)

Balance is the key to a healthy and happy life, not just marriage.

N2EY likes this.
  8. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

My spouse is also very interested in radio. She has an extra class license and is extremely interested in shortwave listening.

She only has one basic rule. When attending a ham swap meet, thou shalt not violate the Redundancy Rule. For example, don't buy another 160-6 transmitter that's just going to sit just because I wanted one in 1989 (TS-690S I saw at Mic and Key for $300).

I think that's a sensible rule...

N6HCM, N0TZU, KC8VWM and 1 other person like this.
  9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Not me. My wife is not interested in radio, but she is fine with me spending as much time, effort and money as I like as long as the bills are paid and chores are done, i can do what I like. But that is not a one sided affair either. She does exactly the same with her money, time and hobbies. Its all about balance. See the thing is, if my wife, kids or grandkids come into my radio room, I drop everything and give them the attention they deserve, radio is not an excuse for escaping my family.

2 nights ago, I was about to start building some boards I had made and my grandson who is 3, Lucus wanders in and decided he was going to do homebrewing tonight. So for the next 30mins he played with some dead IC's, pliers and the boards I was going to build and along with a lot of WHATS THAT GRANDAD had a good time.

If ones family are complaining, perhaps one has the balance all wrong. Family first, hobby second, I dont care how great the dx is. I know what means more to me.

[​IMG]

WZ7U, N0TZU, G0JUR and 1 other person like this.
  10. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

... She is the other extra license in the house.

N2EY likes this.