IS HAM RADIO AFFECTING YOUR MARRIAGE?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K3BEQ, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, you have heard the old joke...

“Why is divorce so expensive?”
    “Because it’s worth it!”

Sad to say, in many cases, it’s not a joke. (My ex got the house. I got the car. Fair trade? Suffice to say, I’m not complaining!)

2. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Lucky you. Not this guy.:D
    i-got-the-car-in-divorce-plate-pic.jpg

3. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

On our wedding night, my wife said that she had to tell me something. Not knowing what to expect, I was "all ears". She then said that, after our 1st date (it was a "blind" date) she had told the girl, who had arranged the date, that she absolutely hated me and never, ever, wanted to see me again. The arranging girl did not pay any attention to my wife and gave me her telephone number. Somehow, I persuaded her to go out with me again and, just over 7-months later, we were married. That first date was over 54-years ago.

As for knowing when, and when not to, argue about something is a very wise thing to know. Some things are just not, in the long run, worth the effort of arguing while other things are definitely worth the effort. Unfortunately, too many couples do not recognize this and spend way too much time arguing.

Glen, K9STH

WA8OLN, W0AQ, VK4HAT and 2 others like this.
  4. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

From the greatest play ever written or performed:

MR. WEBB: George, I was thinking the other night of some advice my father gave me when I got married. "Charles", he said, "Charles, start out

early showing who's boss", he said. "Best thing to do is to give an order, even if it don't make sense; just so she'll learn to obey." And he said: "if anything about your wife irritates you, her conversation, or anything, just get up and leave the house. That'll make it clear to her," he said. And, oh, yes! he said "never, never let your wife know how much money you have, never."

GEORGE: Well, Mr. Webb ... I don't think I could , . .

MR. WEBB: So I took the opposite of my father's advice and I've been happy ever since. And let that be a lesson to you, George, never to ask advice on personal matters.

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a ham for 12 years by the time I got married and she had a 2 year intro to my "hobby". Radio did not come between us and she didnt even mind the 4 towers I installed here aver several earlier 1-2 tower locations. Her rule for here was I dont want any of your stuff on the lawn so I cut down lots of trees out back but left a good buffer. The 180' tower is 250' back and CATV coax mitigates the loss and then some over RG-213, etc

OTOH she didnt like many of my ham friends who were one subject nerds for the most part. But she did like my various car hobbies and most of my ham friends that shared similar interests. Hams and cars seem to be a pretty common pairing Ive found out over the decades, especially muscle cars, highway driveable antiques, and Street Rods. There has almost always been a convertible/roadster in the mix.

Carl

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Our daughter's getting married and you ask me now?

WA8OLN and N2EY like this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Really? You're getting one married off (finally)? Which one?
    Congratulations!

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My eldest daughter Lovely is already married (since late February).

Next in line is Robyn, who's engaged and planning for late this year (no date yet).

Lovely wedding in park.PNG

Lovely and her hubby above. I have a lot more pics but a couple are enough...

W2AI, AF7XT and N2EY like this.
  9. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FB!!!

WZ7U likes this.
  10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Its that Philippine blood that makes her Lovely and not the part from the Passaic River:p:D