IS HAM RADIO AFFECTING YOUR MARRIAGE?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K3BEQ, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah most of that stuff, I agree to disagree on and let her decide what she wants. If i had my way, we would have a minimalist decor, white walls and not much else. Partly because i don't care and partly because i am not a consumer. But she does care and so the house is decorated how she wants. Thinking about it, there is not a lot either of is would go to war with each other over. In many ways we have the perfect relationship, in that my garbage and issues are not things that bother her and her garbage and issues do not bother me. If you can find someone whose crap you can deal with that does not make you want to kill them, then you have a winner. We have never had a serious fight about anything. We kind of complement each other well that way.

N2EY likes this.
  2. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

the secret to a happy marriage is separate finances & mutual respect for one another's time.

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Easy for DINK couples. Not always so for the others.

WU8Y likes this.
  4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahh, Eau de Stench.

For the utmost olfactory insult there was nothing like Hara Arena in Dayton after a rain storm packed it to SRO. And it wasnt them just on scooters.
    At least there is always a breeze outdoors at Nearfest and I can distance myself from any stench.

I wonder if any particular licence class attracted those worst examples of hamdom?

Carl

W1TRY likes this.
  5. KX4O

KX4O Ham Member QRZ Page

?

6. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

No problems with the wife. I thought I was pushing it last year when I planted a multiwave vertical in the middle of the back yard but I survived. I just have to weed whack around the guy wire tie downs.

7. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really?

This world view fascinates me. The old "what's mine is mine and what's hers is hers"?

Whatever happened to marriage being a partnership with shared responsibilities? The world view espoused above is one reason divorce rates might be higher. After all, it does make for a quick exit from a "messy situation" doesn't it?

KD1W, N5PAR, W7UUU and 1 other person like this.
  8. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

lol, ok.

:rolleyes:

just b/c it doesnt match your opinion doesnt make it wrong...

9. AF2Z

AF2Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Since this is a ham radio forum (not a marriage forum) the question might more properly be asked: "Is Marriage Affecting Your Ham Radio?".

WU8Y, KJ4VTH, KA2CZU and 1 other person like this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

haha! now THAT'S the better question!! :)

Dave
    W7UUU

WU8Y, NL7W and KA2CZU like this.