Is Ham Gear Too Expensive? Or, Are Some Hams' Expectations Unrealistic?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W8MLS

W8MLS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My God given ...... tells me that 99.9994% (I looked it up) of people born have XX or XY genes. The doctor who delivered you had no problem figuring out if you were a girl or boy. Abnormal behavior is learned not inherited from birth. Please use your God given intellect to tell me how complicated it is.

I am out of here. To much time wasted on superior intellects. There is DX that needs to be worked.

KB2SMS and WB0MPB like this.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

IMO, there's more to it than that.

I've found this:

Women marry men hoping to change them, but they don't. Men marry women hoping they'll never change, but they do.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

N2EY likes this.
  3. W2AI

W2AI Ham Member QRZ Page

Women marry men hoping to change them [in an attempt to correct "bad habits"], but they don't. Men marry women hoping they'll never change [their physical appearance], but they do [gain weight, outward appearance changes as one grows older]

4. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

OK so far.

Anatomically, yes.

Hold on a second there......

What do you consider "abnormal behavior"?

How do you KNOW "abnormal" behavior is learned and none of it is genetically innate?

5. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FB_IMG_1499272174924.jpg
    I caught this salmon in Oregon. Considering the cost of my boat the first salmon I caught using it was hundreds of dollars a pound. After that they all were free.

W2AI likes this.
  6. WB2WIK

It's beyond me why anyone cares.

N2EY likes this.
  7. KB1CKT

KB1CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Just how much "free" beer came with that boat???

Speaking of free beer... have I ever told you how much I like fishing?

W4IOA likes this.
  8. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

What would you say to the many transgender people, many of them young, who attempt or succeed at suicide?

Do you think that expressing the opinions you've expressed here would help them?

Would you say something like "This is not complex, your genes know, the doctor knew, why don't you?"

W7UUU and N2EY like this.
  9. WB2WIK

^Good response.

Homosexuality and transsexuality are addressed in the bible, which is pretty old so it was obviously going on around 2000 years ago. Actually, it's addressed in Greek mythology which is older than the bible.

Why does anyone care?

N2EY likes this.
  10. KB1CKT

KB1CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Successive generation carrying on tradition. The prior generation held this, so the upcoming generation does too. Asking why isn't something that is particularly encouraged.

As to why the ancients may have cared, probably has to do with an older time where everyone had to pull their own weight. Someone going off and being "different" was a weight on everyone else. Conformity was more important than the individual, when it came to survival.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.