Is Gulf Alpha antennas still in business?

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by K8XW, Sep 11, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K8XW

K8XW Ham Member QRZ Page

see the subject line

Dan K8XW

2. N4UFO

N4UFO Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I personally ordered and many, many months later finally received antennas from Pete at Gulf Alpha.

If they are still in business, be prepared to wait... As have several other of my friends experienced.

4. K8XW

K8XW Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand. Thanks for the reply.

Dan K8XW

5. KD3NE

KD3NE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well it looks like they are out of the Satellite Antenna business and sold it off to ARROW

We will have to wait and see if ARROW does in fact start producing the antenna or if they will do something else.

6. KJ4JSN

KJ4JSN Ham Member QRZ Page

Gulf Alpha has been out off business for several years now. At one time there was chance Arrow Antenna was to buy them but the deal never happed it to bad because I have two Gulf Alpha Yagi's .Great Design..

7. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this actually true? There is a Gulf Alpha announcement on the front page of the Arrow website, I have no idea how long the announcement has been there...

http://www.arrowantennas.com/ga.html

8. W5PFG

I find it odd to be quoted by @KJ4JSN on a post I made over 5 years ago (September 2015.) At the time I posted, Gulf Alpha was still "in business."

Later, many of us saw the announcement from Tim at Arrow Antenna. Since then - mostly silence. My guess? The deal fell through.

9. KD5JXF

KD5JXF Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W5PFG