Is DMR Dead in NY?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KC2MPG, Nov 2, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC2MPG

KC2MPG Ham Member QRZ Page

A couple of years ago I purchased one of those cheap cheap TYT HT's to give DMR a whirl. I am in White Plains NY and there's really only one DMR repeater here ( NY4Z ). As it turned out the repeater was not online so not very usable. But even in my mobile in and around NYC there wasn't really much activity so I put the radio in the drawer where it sat for the last year. I recently came across it while looking for something and switched it on. To my amazement it was fully charged after a year in the drawer!
    So as it turned out that repeater is now back on the air. I have been monitoring for the last few days and nothing. It seems dead. I put my call sign out a few times and I can see its working, but no takers.
    Perhaps I have the wrong talk groups programmed in. I was just curious if this is the norm with DMR.

2. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I found the md390 missed alot of transmissions when compared to my Hytera HT.

Not much DMR around here either, but there is in Metro Detroit (visit family frequently)

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

yes it is the norm, all of us have the wrong talk groups programmed in. difficult to know which ones are active, local, interesting. sorry I don't have a good answer for you.

4. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Face it, it's dead everywhere. Our club techie who has a massive hard on for dmr, gave a nearly two hour presentation on dmr. This is the same techie who neglected our wires-x for THREE f*****g years while he was p*****g away our resources on dmr. PS, the wires-x node is in my garage, I got it up in 3 hours.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    KC2MPG and K0UO like this.
  6. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

Go Analog FM!!!!

KQ0J, KC2MPG, KB2SMS and 1 other person like this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OMG! Is that something like Spark? Can I copy it on my cellfone?

KC2MPG and K0UO like this.
  8. K2CQW

9. K2CQW

I just watched "The Dilemma". Thank you.

10. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page