Is continued bickering on HRD forum really necessary??

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2AI, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

The keyboard must be visible, not hiding behind the handbag.

KA0HCP, WZ7U, W7UUU and 1 other person like this.
  2. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats kind of a problem since 95% of amateur radio involves hiding behind a mic (or key) (or keyboard).

N3AWS likes this.
  3. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

My feeling is that if someone says something more than twice, it's time for me to bow out of a thread if I disagree with them, since I'm not going to change their mind on it by repeating my view on a topic.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I think that's the "I'm gonna have the last word" syndrome - and it's really bad when both opposing sides of the same argument think they're going to "have the last word" right before the thread gets locked... except it then doesn't get locked so they just keep repeating and repeating

Dave
    W7UUU

5. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

That's certainly the case with some, but there are also those that know when to 'cut their losses' when the thread becomes 'unproductive'. That's like 'agreeing to disagree', a good thing actually.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Exactly. State your point once, you're expressing your opinion. State your point a second time, you're just arguing

Dave
    W7UUU

KE5OFJ, K4TTJ, N3AWS and 1 other person like this.
  7. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

My concern is that people are allowed to lie about other members, well beyond normal discussion or debate.

AC0GT likes this.
  8. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Friendly advice:

Of course, moderators don't "allow people to lie about other members" as you put it, because we can neither confirm or deny any truth's or untruth's spoken about any members.

If you are encountering a problem with another forum member, I would suggest either contacting them in private PM to discuss the issue with them directly, use the report button to have the alleged "lie" about you removed, or contact a moderator in private to describe your problem and simply DO NOT engage them any further in the forums. Let it go, leave it alone and work with one of us instead.

Listen.... I sympathize with your troublesome experience and no one likes to have lies spread about them in the forums and yes, I get that. But it's simply not appropriate to use forums as the "fighting grounds" for resolving matters you may be experiencing with other members. I know from experience, it's just a pointless endeavor and it rarely ever accomplishes anything in your favor.

Moving forward, if you are ever experiencing a problem with another forum user just talk to one of us. I promise we are very good listeners and will do our very best and everything we can to help you out okay?

73 Charles

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    AB2RA, W1TRY, N3AWS and 1 other person like this.
  9. W7UUU

Very well said, Charles. As always.

Dave
    W7UUU

N3AWS and KC8VWM like this.
  10. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, thanks for the advice. I just assumed the person telling the falsehoods would recognize them for what they are, and stop. I will not engage them further, but will immediately report the posts to you guys, who actually do a great job, with little thanks.

W7UUU and KC8VWM like this.