ad: portazero-1

Is continued bickering on HRD forum really necessary??

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2AI, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

The forum owner sets mostly reasonable rules for posting. Beyond those rules, it's important that posters not be restricted in expressing their views on a topic. People who frequent forums, including "newcomers", realize that there are diverse ways in which others express their opinions.

K4AGO and W7UUU like this.
  2. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

"Don't be discouraged! You've certainly earned a badge of accomplishment * having loaded up to your 20M coax fed dipole at legal limit on 7010kc! I can understand your frustration with the lack of contacts and the incessant beeping sounds you're hearing. Perhaps your mic gain needs to be higher or band conditions may not be optimal. There are plenty of ops there that will encourage your upgrade to General, just gotta be persistent."

* you're an idiot

I dunno. A good lashing seems more effective.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    N1VAU likes this.
  3. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Trouble is, often the thread is just locked. Everybody is punished for the actions of a few.

N2SR, WA7PRC and W2AI like this.
  4. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

VA3VF said:
    I wonder how much more fun forums would be if they were 100% clean, antiseptic, with an iron clad sanitary cordon?:D

I'm convinced. Leave the forums as is.:D

N1VAU and N1BCG like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I agree. But some threads just start their lives as pretty pointless... and it's just downhill from there. This thread is probably one of those :)

Other times, an otherwise good/interesting thread just gets infected to the point that the Moderators just throw in the towel - it takes time to "surgically fix" threads going sideways fast, and that's why they often end up locked. Too much effort can be required to "guide it back onto the tracks" so it just gets locked. Just the way it goes.

Dave
    W7UUU

K4TTJ, KC8VWM and K4AGO like this.
  6. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well.....

KE5OFJ, WU8Y, WA7PRC and 2 others like this.
  7. N1BCG

Okay, to add some legitimacy to this thread, I have a complaint. I was trying to remember the callsign of some dood who frequently plays his callsign in a loop on 20M.... often for 15-30 minutes. To add to the ire he raises, his callsign is said in a "sing song" style. Then one day he dropped this nonsense in the middle of a QSO I was in. The other ops had to peel me off the ceiling by explaining that he does this all the time and that it was fairly "normal" for him.

I wanted to complain about him but forgot his callsign. Several items in need of resolution here.

8. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

No oxygen to a sociopath is a better approach than complaining. Just sayin'

WZ7U likes this.
  9. N1BCG

True...

10. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2019-4-13_10-0-18.png

N2SUB likes this.