Is continued bickering on HRD forum really necessary??

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2AI, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

WU8Y, W1TRY and WX7P like this.
  2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

At about 1:10 into the clip, it sounds like they are using actual SSB radios for the radio effect.

N2EY likes this.
  3. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well....I read through the entire thread,and from what I can tell ....the answer is YES !!!!!!
    Although it might be ...Oh wait ...it's 42
    so long and thanks for all the fish.:rolleyes::)

W1TRY and VK4HAT like this.
  4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know what hobbies you engage in, but trot over to some photography forums and observe the Canon - Nikon wars. Make this place seem like Sunday in the park with George. :p

5. W4NNF

Most online forums are not happy places for the thin-skinned. ;)

WD3N, WU8Y and K7JEM like this.
  6. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

From a sociology viewpoint; it is far easier to hide behind a keyboard and express hostile feelings rather then echo the same sentiments in person.
    From my observations here on QRZ.com; paid subscribers tend to be more civil and cordial on these forums than non-subscriber ham members.

WD3N, W7UUU and W4NNF like this.
  7. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

My first thought when reading the header and first post was, "is there a sub-forum dedicated to Ham Radio Deluxe?" :)

8. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting observation. I looked at my Ignore list, and it's exactly 50/50. Nothing scientific, since my sample is very small.

What you describe is more pronounced, in my opinion, in places where anonymous postings are allowed.

9. W4NNF

That's true. But I think the reason everybody here is noticeably more civil than the denizens of most Internet forums is that we all have our calls on display, not just some anonymous screen name like "soyboy231." ;)

10. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

True. I have noticed the topics that tend to bring out the worst in posters here on the ZED are the ARRL, no-code hams, Tech enhancement privileges, antenna restrictions and HOAs. Rarely is there any discourse on other topic threads.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 2:10 PM