Is Contact Operator Name & QTH is Automatically Export?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by 9W2ZOW, Oct 18, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. 9W2ZOW

9W2ZOW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I want to ask is contact operator name and QTH is automatically extract from QRZ database to your log when you uploaded the log to QRZ logbook?

How to prevent it? I want to the data for contact operator name and QTH is extract from the upload ADIF file instead. If it is possible to import the contact operator name and QTH from ADIF file, what the information need to have in that ADIF file?

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

At import the information contained in the ADI file is accepted. The exception is if the import is a duplicate, then the duplicate rules apply:

Duplicates are determined when a match exists between the incoming record and an
    existing record in the database where:

The two callsigns match -and-
    The operating BAND is the same -and-
    The operating MODE is the same -and-
    The QSO DATE is the same -and-
    The QSO Start Time is the same to the minute.

Duplicate Rules:

If the duplicate has not yet been confirmed, the incoming record REPLACES the existing one.
    If the duplicate is of a confirmed record, it is IGNORED.

3. 9W2ZOW

I want to be able to import contact operator name and QTH from the uploaded ADIF file. How to do it?

As for my testing, QRZ system will automatically extract that informations from QRZ database.

Or at least, can we have function to turn off contact operator name and QTH? So, both information will leave blank instead auto fill.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    9W2ZOW likes this.
  5. 9W2ZOW

Many thanks. Its solved my problem. I have tested it. Its working as I want.

Just need to add <NAME:x> <COMMENT:x> field column in the ADIF file.

Thanks again.