Is choke enclosure really needed

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN4FAZ, Feb 12, 2020 at 4:14 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

If anyone needs beeswax, let me know. It's "Killer" stuff. Most organic honey is from Brazil, with "Killer" bees, from Brazillian pepper trees & tastes like crap. But, the wax is some of the best. I now have an endless supply at work.

Ed

2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I just use a Qtip if I need some thick sticky wax

3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We unknowingly bought some of that Brazilian “honey” under the Costco Kirkland brand. Awful, awful stuff. One taste and it went back for a full refund. That’s the first Kirkland item I ever bought that was simply horrible.

BTW, truly outstanding honey is available almost everywhere from local bee keepers or from grocery stores that carry the good brands, and especially local brands. (And there is a lot of fake honey on the market too, made from sugar, corn syrup and thickeners. I’m sure you can think of the usual fake product bad actor country... )

N2EY likes this.
  4. AA7QQ

Costco has some brazillian but not all. Not my favorite blend. Clover rocks.
    I doubt you will find any sugar water in the USA, as the people in the industry keep close watch.

N0TZU likes this.
  5. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well played :)

6. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually they don't. A large percentage of fake/processed honey is coming in from SE Asia. There are only two labs in the US that are capable of identifying the origin of honey through pollen. However the fraudsters screen out pollen and add sugar as expander/filler.

7. AA7QQ

I doubt that is true. I happen to work for one of the largest packagers of honey here in the US. We happen to package the COSTCO Florida & SE blends. In fact, did 14,000 Lbs of each today & yesterday. I will ask on Monday if our labs can identify which pollens come from where. I know that after doing color, moisture, flavor, yeast, mold & APC daily, I send in a sample to the Kansas facility for pollen testing. Not sure what exactally that entails, but will report back.

Ed

KA0HCP likes this.
  8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Super! It's good to know that your company is doing continuous testing of your product. I've had a long interest in honey bees. My statements are based on updated reading I did last year on the industry and bee keeping. Cheers, bill

9. AA7QQ

Color, moisture & flavor are done at the hotbox, processing & packaging stages for each day's product. Y, M, APC & Pollen are done after packaging. Takes up to 2 hours of every day for me. I am new at this industry & never knew so much was involved. I just wanted a maintenance job & got lead, also.
    It's sweet.

Ed

10. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, so I've been simply winding the coax several times through a big ferrite bead, at the feedpoint of any resonant dipole-like antenna, and just letting it hang there in the elements. I've been doing this off and on for years, no problems so far.