Is Anything Stuck In Your Trees ?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by NN4RH, Dec 25, 2020.

?

What is stuck in your trees?

1. Drone

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Arrow

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Sinker/lead weight/other slingshot projectiles

18 vote(s)
    38.3%
  4. Arborist throw weight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rock, metal weight, baseball, tennis ball, or other thrown objects

14 vote(s)
    29.8%
  6. Sock or bag full of sand

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Spud (from spud gun)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Water bottle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  10. Nothing that doesn't belong there

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw another thread, where people have mentioned various items that have gotten stuck up in their trees from their efforts to get lines or wires into or over the trees. I tried to think of everything I've heard of people flinging up into trees that might get hung up. Do you have junk hanging in your trees?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yep - I have a few :)

None in danger of falling to do damage to man or machine - but eventually nature will bring them down :)

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

squirrel bones

N0TZU likes this.
  4. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

enuf lug nuts for a car

5. N6YWU

N6YWU Ham Member QRZ Page

Fishing line and kite string that got too tangled in the branches to pull back down. Will probably have to hire an arborist to cut all those strings down...

...so that there’s more room to launch new antenna supports up there for my next set of antenna experiments.

6. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lead sinkers, the bank style. I got wise and increased the weight from 1 to 2 oz with much better success. Using two 1 oz sinkers often caused them to spin themselves around branches on their way down.

7. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Right now, I have wires apparently twisted around a branch up there. This occurred during a strong wind storm last weekend. We also lost power at about the same time. The fun never stops!

8. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

In the winter when the leaves are down, my XYL will point out that three of my WB6ZQZ antenna-launcher tennis balls are clearly visible on three separate trees about 75 feet up.

Someday when we go to sell the house, I hope it happens after springtime so I don't have to explain anything to potential buyers :)

9. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Bark and leaves.

10. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

A few different strands of tarred nylon line (trot line) that the tree grew around or that got tangled up in two hurricanes and will not come down.