Is anyone using HAMshield?

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by AD5MB, Mar 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly, less than a watt.

I haven't seen anyone doing more exotic modulation with the hamshield like QAM or anything. So I haven't felt a need to reinvent the wheel at low power.

2. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just noticed this thread and it could be the answer to a problem I've been working on. In order to talk to some friends a hundred miles or so away from home, I've been working on an Echolink hotspot - got it working fine with my FT-991A as the transceiver, but I can't get the 991 below 5W which gives it a range of several miles - more than is desirable for a personal hotspot. I will probably order a Hamshield Mini to build a dedicated hotspot...

Martin (G8FXC)

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a must have for anyone that has Car Shield. :rolleyes:

4. WF9Q

WF9Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That would be really nice to hear some activity on 2 meters. Around here its all crickets, even the CB is quiet and I am well within ground wave from the big highway. Only have a scanner for 2 meters and higher frequency and between 2 major cities, its dead around here.

Not sure why they even require a license to use VHF, that seems pretty out dated just like the CW requirement that was dropped. That is something the ARRL should initiate. Making it license free in the FM repeater portion of the 2 meter band and with a decent power limit like 50 watts or less.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021