ad: portazero-1

Is anyone else unsuccessful in selling on QRZ?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by WA7ZAF, Apr 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3ESE

W3ESE Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know if you were serious by asking that, but in case you were, no...I had searched for a Hallicrafters SX-9 in the "Ham Radio Gear For Sale" threads, and got 9 pages of posts that were selling anything with "SX" in it, so in my case, the search function didn't function.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Try putting the SX-9 inside quotes. Well, there aren't any listings showing but that's how its supposed to work. Use "SX-122" for an example to confirm.

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

W3ESE - Probably best to get accurate info from a Moderator, but here's what works for me on QRZ. A hyphen is problematic in most search engines. QRZ's seems to require at least 2 characters before and 2 characters after so it will never find an sx-9, but will find an sx-40, but not an s-40. Read the error info directly under the large type Search Results for Query. Also best to go to the forum you want to search and check the boxes for search titles and search this forum only. In your case you would only get 5 pages of results and the error message would tell you it did not search for a '9'. Putting quotes around the search item does not seem to help things for QRZ's search engine. In any event, there were no SX-9s listed on QRZ in recent history. A Google search produces a ton of info, though. Sometimes it's best to do a Google search first because it will lead you to the QRZ listings. Try it for an SX-140.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    N4MFA and KP4SX like this.