ad: M2Ant-1

Is anyone else unsuccessful in selling on QRZ?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AF7FQ, Apr 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AF7FQ

AF7FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have recently listed several items for sale here and have had no success in selling them here. I try to use several websites to determine a fair price to ask for items and I tend to list things at what I have determined to be the rock bottom of what I've found online. I relisted some of these items several times with the same results. I get an offer. I decline it because I've already priced the item at the very bottom of what I believe I could get for it. I get tired of relisting it, so I bump the price by a few bucks to offset the ebay fees and it ends up selling quickly for my BIN price. My other avenue has been to list it for the same price at QTH and again, it sells pretty much immediately with no haggling.

I get it that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but why are people here at QRZ so reluctant to pay a fair price? I mean, I could offer an ounce of gold here for $500 and people wouldn't buy it unless they could haggle me down to $400.

2. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

I think the disconnect here is "fair price"--everybody has their own definition of it; to some, a fair price is what something is worth, to others it's a price where if the buyer were to turn around and sell it, he could make a profit.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Could you provide some examples?

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

All anyone has to do is search the OP's call sign in the sale thread area.

5. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

It also depends on just what it is that you are trying to sell.
    All I see that you are selling now is a RadioWavz antenna and the weather station.

6. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The only negative of selling on QRZ is sometimes hams will say, "I'll take it" then you never hear from them again.

W4IOA and N3AB like this.
  7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure it does happen but like they say, "money talks, BS walks".
    Whoever pays first gets it. I am not waiting for someone to get back from vacation in a couple weeks to send me a check.
    Like my high school electronics instructor used to say, "C.O.T.B.H., cash on the barrel head"!

N3AB likes this.
  8. N3AB

N3AB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Chris,

First, thank you for your service to our country.

There are many variables involved. Sometimes, I have more luck on QTH. Other times, I have more luck here. A few times I had success on eBay. My opinion...eBay has lost a lot of steam over the past few years. I also noticed that sales slow down at different times of the year.

I wouldn't get discouraged. If you can't get the price you are looking for, take a breather for a few weeks, and try again. I have had items that wouldn't sell. After a few weeks, I relisted them, and they sold right away.

As Burt mentioned above, you will also get the "I'm interested", "I'll take it", and "Is it still for sale" responses, with nothing further heard. Even better are the "Why are you selling it" questions.

Hang in there....patience wins every time.

9. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm guessing you get a higher price on eBay because there's a better chance that someone is looking for that particular item.

If I'm in the market for a Yaecomwood Model X, then I'll probably go to eBay at some point and search for that particular item. It's less likely that I'll see it on QRZ. On the other hand, it's quite possible that I'll be casually looking through the listings on QRZ, but since I'm not looking for a particular item, I'm less likely to be interested unless it's a particularly good bargain.

10. K3LI

K3LI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see stuff advertised on QRZ for prices that are withing 50 dollars of brand new. I see radios like 7300 or 590 with in 100 bucks of new after rebates etc. I saw one advertised for 1100 when a new one was 1300 with 300 rebate. Nope you wont sell that one

KG5THG likes this.