Is Alpha Amps still in business?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by DJ0QN, Apr 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0IZ

K0IZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, Steven, that's quite a antenna farm. In spite of all that wire in the air, I was most impressed with your top-fed 5400ft grounded vertical (!). Do you ever do Zoom presentations for radio clubs? My club is W0ERH in KC and always looking for interesting programs. You setup would certainly fit that bill. John.

K0UO likes this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't been doing any presentations it's really hard to see much out here since I took all the big rotating towers down.

It's just miles of wire and big Old wood Poles/ not too impressive until you know what they do.
    I used to be a member of the Kansas City DX Club, and they always have a Hospitality room at Dayton and in the past helped Icom set their booths up/ fun days

3. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last I saw they were trying to hire new technicians... job opening on website.

4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that employment ads has been on there for years

5. WF9Q

WF9Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just clicked to buy the 8410 and nothing happens, it opens a COVID page. Thought it was my browser at home so I just tried it from work and same response....

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's the new Alpha model, the COVID-19 Plus. All set up for SOER (Single Op Emergency Room).

WF9Q likes this.
  7. WF9Q

Seems like they are out of business....Just called to order the 8410 and all they had was a recorded message, then it said the mail box is full and not taking messages. Even if they are still in business do I really want to spend that much after getting stone walled on the phone.......

8. K7JQ

K7JQ Ham Member QRZ Page

What's the logic of having a website if you can't order from it? Or have a phone number if you can't talk to anyone, and can't even leave a message? I think they even have a running ad on the top of QTH.com or QRZ.com. Gotta cost them money...why bother? RUN, don't walk to another manufacturer.

9. WF9Q

Agree with you on that, its nuts. They must have money to burn from some other venture. If they address those customers like they are doing to amateur radio market they would not have them long.

I am so disappointed, the COVID BS is not a good excuse anymore.

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think it's just the opposite of "money to burn."

IMO they have absolutely no money to burn, otherwise the production shops would be up and operational and they'd be shipping products.