Is ADIF MY_GRIDSQUARE needed?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by WB3FSR, Dec 6, 2017 at 5:07 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB3FSR

WB3FSR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Recently I started to use QRZ Logbook. Uploaded my adif file from ACL export containing >5,000 FT8 Q's.

Using a combination of ACL,wsjt-x and jtALERT some setup instruction lead me to set up several custom fields. What appears to have happened is one or more of these custom fields resulted in a duplicate column of My_GRIDSQUARE called Other6 in the adif file I uploaded to QRZ. Next that info got interrupted as the worked stations grid square! What a mess that was.

Next, I removed this customization and deleted the Other6 column out of the ADIF - logged onto QRZ deleted Logbook and reimported. Smaller issue in that the Q's that were used for award confirmation did not delete and I had to edit them by hand. Took several hours and don't want to go thru that again.

Following the above episode I tested an adif output from ACL with new contacts and find that the current adif output does NOT contain 'My_GRIDSQUARE' column in the adif.

Is it needed?

Thanks for all input on this.

PeterV WB3FSR Jersey Shore

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Your grid square is used for the Grid Squared award match. It would be best to include it.

The ADIF file that I upload does not included it and it may not be required as I have the Grid Squared award.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 3:28 PM
  3. WB3FSR

WB3FSR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

John,

Are you saying this is still an open issue? We don't know if it is required or not?
    I can certainly understand if ur operating from another location. So the question still stands does QRZ use my gridsquare info from my QRZ logbook profile or does it need each entry to have 'MY_GRIDSQUARE' in the adif file uploaded...

PeterV WB3FSR

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

QRZ uses the grid square from the logbook profile as a default. If an ADIF file with a my_gridsquare field is imported then it will overwrite the default. Same if you edit a record manually; it will overwrite the default.