ad: NI4L-2

IRLP

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by N7CHS, Mar 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. N7CHS

N7CHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking for any IRLP net or reflector that Rv'ers are welcome and encouraged. email [callsign]@centurylink.net . Thanks, Chuck n7chs

2. AF7XI

AF7XI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Chuck- I'd guess any IRLP nodes would be happy to connect and welcome you. What specifically are you looking for? Any part of the globe?

3. N7CHS

N7CHS Ham Member QRZ Page

With hf so noisy right now I thought why not generate some interest with RV'ers wishing to share their open road experiences within the VoIP community (IRLP, EchoLink, AllStar, etc). Would one need to contact a node owner and see if we could congregate for one hour on his/hers system? Is there a maximum number of nodes that can connect to a single node? Is the use of a reflector the preferred method? Again, would we need to contact the reflector owner/manager for permission to congregate at a specified time? Thanks, Chuck

4. AF7XI

AF7XI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Chuck,

I'd think your best best might be to contact David Cameron VE7LTD- designer of IRLP- directly. His email is dcameron@irlp.net. He'll likely be the best start/finish for your query. Good luck!

KG5EXW likes this.
  5. KH6FV

KH6FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Chuck,

Nodes can hook up one to one on a direct connection or one to many via a Reflector. They best way to proceed is to contact a Reflector Owner and ask to use one of his Reflector sub-channels that is not getting use and see if it can be utilized as an IRLP gathering place for RV owners or folks interested in RVs. You can also have nightly or periodic scheduled nets. I run a DMR repeater and an IRLP Nano-Node out of my RV. Also a fun amateur RV event to go to every is the Quartzfest in Quartzsite, AZ during January every year. http://quartzfest.org/

Aloha,
    Carter, KH6FV RV node 3482

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You may want to look here.

http://status.irlp.net/index.php?PSTART=2

There are a few RV nodes.

Enjoy.

7. K7IZA

K7IZA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello All,

Micro-Node International welcomes all RVers to use Micro-Node reflector channel 9664 as a hang out and to communicate with other fellow RVers. Please use the following link to view who is connected and their location. http://micro-node.com/refmon

Enjoy!

KA9JLM likes this.
  8. KH6FV

KH6FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Mark. I placed a request to Mark about using one of his Reflector Sub-Channels as a IRLP hangout and discussion area. Lets take advantage of this offer. Post it on other Ham RV websites for those interested. I am also going to be in Idaho for the Eclipse, this would be a great place for RVs around the country to report our Eclipse experience on Aug 21 and it's current location as it passes over. Thanks Chuck for asking the questions. Talk to you soon on REF9664.

Carter, KH6FV - IRLP Node 3482