IRL contacts WAS/

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by AB4D, Oct 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB4D

AB4D Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I noticed, there is a ham I routinely hear operating on America Link/Yaesu Fusion system, that is collecting states and counties as a C4FM contacts, and asks other hams if they can confirm the contact through his QRZ Logbook. I believe he mentioned some sort of award is associated with that.

I'm curious, does QRZ have some sort of WAS or US Counties award for these IRL contacts?

Jim, AB4D

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not at this time.

You can see all of the available awards by going to your own Logbook page then click "awards" link. That shows all the possible awards available.

Generally speaking, modes that use the internet or repeaters don't qualify for "radio to radio purely RF" awards. There are groups that offer awards for such - but not at the major awards sites such as ARRL and QRZ. eQSL I do believe offers such awards.

Of course, anyone could input a WIRES-X contact into QRZ but for a QSL to result in the system, the other party would have to input the same. And if they don't think an internet-backbone contact is an "RF to RF contact" qualifies, they simply won't enter it and no QSL will result.

Dave
    W7UUU