iPad logging in the field

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by NB8F, Jun 9, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NB8F

NB8F QRZ Lifetime Member #367 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I have been looking through different logging apps. I am not super impressed by any of them and was curious what all you are using.

MacLoggerDX HD - Not the easiest to enter quick QSO's in the field, but like that it ties in with my desktop MacLoggerDX

HamRS - Clean, easy, but seems to miss a lot of important data that when I export into another app, it will not upload to LOTW etc., due to it missing data. Clears out data that should remain (like your call sign) frequently. I do like the different templates for POTA and Generic etc.

I have heard some people say they are using HamLog, but don't see it on the App Store anymore. I have also seen RumgLog2Go, but have not tried it yet.

What all are you using in the field for portable, pota, sota logging?

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I've used RUMlog2Go in the past, but don't get out and operate portable very often.

I like HamRS' approach, but haven't actually used it in the field to know for certain.

I'm definitely interested in anything more you can find out about other choices.