iOS and Android QRZ Logbook app suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by KU3K, Nov 27, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KU3K

KU3K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to suggest a native app that allows users to log contacts directly to QRZ. The app would allow several key features:

1. The user's phone or tablet would automatically enter the current grid square based on current location.
    2. The app would allow for serial interfacing between phone or tablet and read the radio's current frequency and mode. Rig control from device to radio is unnecessary in my opinion for this app.
    3. Date and time are supplied by the host device.
    4. Standard QRZ lookup function with added flags for "worked before" and "confirmed QSO" references.
    5. Support for multiple logbooks i.e. KU3K and KU3K/M allowing users to easily switch between them.
    6. The app should allow users to renew or purchase a QRZ subscription removing any advertisements displayed. Paying customers/users should enjoy ad-free use.

Thanks for letting users submit suggestions.

2. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to second these suggestions. All good ideas I think. But I see that the OP is from 2016 and no response so I can only take that to mean nothing is happening to create an app such as that suggested.

3. KI7JOM

KI7JOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I third this. Let's keep this idea alive. Save paper! Offline mode would be good too, for SOTA contacts and working out of cell phone range.

N2IPH likes this.
  4. W3EME

W3EME Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I also agree these are excellent suggestion since many of us are activating new grid squares from our mobile radios
    and putting parks on the air still! I do really like the offline mode also!

N2IPH likes this.