Invisible fence (for dog) interference?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K1VW, Aug 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sometimes the dogs will go through the 'fence'. but they do get a shock, there's times they just don't care. We have ours turned up all the way, the collar units that is but I've seen them go through, but as time goes by, they know where it is. There's a warning sound before the shock comes. You can see it on the light on the collar thingie too.

2. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

A friend had a dog that would get close enough for the warning sound, lie down, wait for the battery in the collar to go dead, and then continue on. I am not sure I would have thought of that!

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

In some ways, not as smart, in other ways, smarter, than my neighbors dog.

I've witnessed Baxter in pursuit of a squirrel at full speed but screech to a stop near the buried fence wire. What he doesn't realize is that the fence has not been energized for about a year or so!

KJ4VTH likes this.
  4. DOMINICWHITEE

DOMINICWHITEE QRZ Member

The invisible fence not only prevents our dog from escaping but also teaches them the indoor manner as well as outdoor manner. I’ve had an invisible fence for over 10 years with two collars! I’ve had the Circuitcell Battery now for almost 1 year with no problems.

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dominice, will someone be along shortly to tell us where we can buy those batteries?

Maybe Enzo Ruiz? Or should I say Betty Joe Faulhaber?

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a bit worried about those invisible dogs. :)

K9MRD, WR2E and KJ4VTH like this.
  7. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't worry. Just call Dog Busters.