ad: elecraft

Intruder Alert!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WU2E, Mar 4, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AE4TJ

AE4TJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For those with beams how about 10 to 15 folks getting a bearing and posting data on a web site such as ""Illegal operations". Keep access limited, and private, to those you know so you are assured of good data.
    When you hear a 'target', call up the crew and get simultanous bearings. Plot the data, and bingo, the source is near the intersection. Pass the data and recording to the FCC.
    Will need to get 10 to 15 occurances to be assured of making it stick.
    I'm new and have heard my share of bad operators already.

KF5TOT likes this.
  2. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

In the scheme of things who really cares anymore?

3. K9PHT

K9PHT Ham Member QRZ Page

I stopped for coffee one time in Alabama and this guy comes up and sits next stool over. After talking a bit ham radio came up and he said he was K4FCC... I guess anywho can get this call sign if they ask for it and it is not being used haha... I think the real FCC call sign for one of the FCC TOP DAWGS was W4FCC...

Roy Ken
    k9pht - King George VA

4. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

This topic seems to generate quite a bit of interest. How about this? Contesting is a HUGE activity within our ham community. Instead of another "59 QRZ" type contest, watsay we have a dfing and documenting contest aimed at actually locating an "offender"? Awards could be LAL (located all lids), DSCC ( Dumb S___Centry Club) Need to positively locate, or id 100 "DS" stations, etc.

This could generate a reason to activate and provide ARES?RACES groups training and deployment readiness. It might get some of us basement rats back out into the sunshine and fresh air. The qrp/portable operators will have somewhere to go before and after lunch to deploy their setups. We are missing yet another aspect of fun with our radios. Think of it as locating a clandestine spy radio station during one of our past, or future wars. There are many new preppers out there who may want to be licensed and join in the fun. We may be missing an opportunity to grow our hobby, rather than just complain that some unidentified station is breaking some rule.

Just a thought on a cloudy Indiana day.

chuck

5. KG5KOG

KG5KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all, I will be getting my ham lic soon.

Reading what the OP stated in first post and then further comments about licensed operators getting fined when communicating with an unlicensed operator.
    How are we suppose to know? Are we suppose look up every call sign of the operator before we key down to them?

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is only if you do it intentionally. The Radio Police do like to use QRZ lookup.

What Class do you plan on getting ?

Good Luck.

7. KG5KOG

KG5KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

General...
    Not into chatting.
    More interested in EME, DXing.
    Last time I looked many years ago general class was all I needed for what I wanted to do...
    Think so, better look again in case things have changed.