ad: chuckmartin

Introduction to the Super Antenna MP1DXMAX

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Feb 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello operators.
    Today I'm sharing an introduction to the latest kit from Super Antenna called the MP1DXMAX. The MP1DXMAX is an ultra portable HF/VHF antenna system with an incredibly small break down size, and rapid deployment.

The video covers:
    - What's included in the kit.
    - Setup and configuration.
    - Performance testing.
    - Pros and Cons.

73 de oh8stn

N3TMX, KQ6XA, KG5EXW and 2 others like this.
  2. KD8SKZ

KD8SKZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been very happy with my original Super Antenna, but now it looks like I might need to add a few parts to my kit.
    73 de KD8SKZ

KQ6XA likes this.
  3. KG5BJV

KG5BJV Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish they still made the dipole version that I have. I like the flexible whip change from the telescopic original. The dipole version if anyone hasnt seen it is just two of these put together with a bracket to attach to a mast with a bnc antenna connector. Obvious advantage is that no counterpoise wires are needed and you can put it as high as you want, mine works really good at only 14ft high. I have pics of it on my profile page. Looks like they just insulated the loading coils with black coating?

KQ6XA likes this.
  4. KG5EXW

KG5EXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for sharing. I guess this is gonna be added to my shack wishlist.

KQ6XA likes this.
  5. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

The Super Antenna MP1 series works as a dipole with the new version of UM2 universal mount. You only need a second MP1 element, and a pvc pole or a stand. The U-bolt and threaded mount comes with it.
    [​IMG]

6. KQ6XA

Great video and blog article on the Super Antenna MP1DXMAX , Julian!

7. K7KSG

K7KSG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

OH8STN, I really enjoy your YouTube channel and have learned much.

The SuperAntenna was my first antenna, as I live under HOA restrictions here in Las Vegas and have to operate with a certain amount of stealth. First try with a friend who holds an Extra Class license (I am only Technician at the moment) as control operator on 20m hit NY from the front yard using an ICOM 7300 at 100 w.

Next, I set up in the back yard, 10m and had a QSO with Brazil on 28.480, at 100w. Then 10m closed out and I've been on 40m CW since. I am very interested in SOTA so last week took the antenna and a Elecraft KX2 up to the mountains west of town and with 5 w worked the Bay Area on 40m CW. Field QTH 2x.jpg

In contrast, per your enthusiastic reviews, I bought the full blown Chameleon loop set up and have had zero QSOs with that antenna. Zero.

KQ6XA likes this.
  8. KQ6XA

Great photo. Is that out by box canyon? Or Red Rock?

9. K7KSG

Bonnie, the QTH was on the crest of the Bird Spring Range, south of Red Rock Canyon; the first minor range east of Mt. Potosi and the Spring Mountain Range.

KQ6XA likes this.
  10. KQ6XA

What a wonderful place to set up for portable operation! We are looking forward to more of your photos.
    When you are on 40 meters CW out there again, I'll put on the backpack radio and work you Super Antenna -to- Super Antenna :) :cool:

11. K7KSG

Looking forward to that, Bonnie. Just ordered a collapsable fiberglass pole with the idea of running the SuperAntenna DiPole configuration. Stay tuned ...
    Keith