Introducing the MAGNAKEYER

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by AE8J, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. W2OZB

W2OZB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, a single lever paddle would be a done deal for me as well!

2. W6VE

W6VE Ham Member QRZ Page

While I learned enough to copy 13wpm and get my general ticket ages ago, I've never put it into practice. I'm signed up for the CW academy class in January. Having never used one, would there be any reason not to start with this paddle?

3. AE0NS

AE0NS Ham Member QRZ Page

Received mine not long ago got around to playing it it today. The device is truly a joy to view, hold, and use. I have a long way to go in learning Morse but this key is a potent motivator.

4. KI7YWE

KI7YWE Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in current CWops class, and they require a paddle (maybe a bug I'm not sure). I started with a 3D printed paddle, and it worked okay. The paddle was causing a few mistakes, so I convinced myself I needed to upgrade. I bought the MFJ paddle, and then saw this paddle a few days later. Based on my experience in the class, and the reviews I've read about this paddle I'd buy it. Hope that helps.

W6VE likes this.
  5. N3XKB

N3XKB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I used mine last semester in CW Academy and again this semester. It performed flawlessly and prefer it over my Kent dual paddle. Really, it's nearly the perfect paddle. About the only way to improve on the thing is to add two more screws for adjusting spacing between the paddles, however, it's already just peachy keen for my fist so I never bothered modding mine.

-Bob N3XKB

W6VE likes this.
  6. AE8RO

AE8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there any chance of different color of paddles either with the key or buy them separately?