ad: Snaptekk-1

Introducing the MAGNAKEYER

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by AE8J, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AE8J

AE8J Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video Joe! You make it look easy.

Andy

AE8J

2. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, he is a show off;)

3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, mine didn't come with the "magic hand" :D

4. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Its a nice product. A nice quality key, well made, easy to adjust, with good touch that doesn't change over time; Result is that the product you produce makes sending a real pleasure. Thank YOU Andy !!!

Joe K7JOE

5. K7JOE

Just takes some practice. They say 10,000 hours for mastery, but just a few hundred to become proficient...
    CW is cool. Ham Radio is cool.

WD4IGX likes this.
  6. K7JOE

I'm proud of the work I've done to learn cw over the 32 years I've proudly been a ham and having earned my ticket at a time when CW proficiency was part of getting a ticket.
    Nothing to show off in my video except the smooth ease of use, fabulous craftsmanship and bargain price for a very well built high quality MADE IN USA by hams, for hams, magna key.

PS - Anyone can learn the code... I've heard all the excuses on why people can't or didn't learn (...but seeing 5 year old kids pass the test convinced me otherwise).
    you CAN do it. I'm even willing to teach you for free ! https://cwops.org/cw-academy-2/

7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Guessing you got yours!

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep. its here now. And the 40 year old Bencher has been put away. The Magnakeyer is a great paddle!
    "Sorry, Bencher. We've been together many years but there's a new gal who makes me feel like you used to" :oops:

K1ZJH and KJ4VTH like this.
  9. AE8J

AE8J Ham Member QRZ Page

Another batch of Magnakeyers going through QC and final testing.

[​IMG]

10. W8DU

W8DU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I want to post a review of an excellent plexiglass cover that Walt, whhoppe22@aol.com, WA8KBU, is fabricating for the Magnakeyer. I had inquired as to whether Andy knew of someone making covers and he did not. However, Walt got in touch with me to let me know that he could make a laser-cut plexiglass cover. We tried a couple of different designs and then Walt sent me a prototype for a cover that keeps the whole Magnakeyer covered but can slide back just enough to expose the paddles for use. It is beautifully made and is a great adjunct to protect the key, which itself is a work of art. I have attached photos of the cover in both of its useful positions to protect as well as use the Magnakeyer. As a disclaimer, I have no business interest in the construction or sale of the Magnakeyer or the cover that Walt is making. I just wanted to get the word about about these great ham-made products that are so beautifully make.
    73 de Arnie W8DU Magcoverextended1.jpg Magcoverretracted1.jpg

p.s. The dust is from me, not Walt! 73 de Arnie W8DU