ad: NI4L-2

Introducing the MAGNAKEYER

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by AE8J, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3PAL

W3PAL Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a chance to use a Magnakeyer at the recent Field day. It was the key owned by AE8J himself. I was very impressed by quality, ergonomics and ease of use. It's hard to believe that Andy sells them so cheap. I think the key is worth a lot more. Yes, it's not gold coated nor it has any expensive laser engraved logos but it is very functional and feels just as good as similar $400 paddle keys. The adjustable magnetic tension is very smooth and it also reduces contacts bounce at high speed. Silver contacts will provide long reliable service. The base plate has enough weight to stay firmly in place.

Andy (AE8J) is a personal friend of mine. We are both members of a local ham radio club where Andy was a president in 2017. He is a very talented engineer and a great person to deal with.
    Obviously, I have no financial interest to write this. I just wanted to share my impressions about the great Magnakeyer product made by Andy, AE8J.

P.S. Of course I ordered a Magnakeyer for myself. :)

WU6P likes this.
  2. WC3T

WC3T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's being delivered today. :) Not sure how many he has in this production run.

3. WC3T

WC3T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Magnakeyer #088 is on the bench. Smooth as a fresh jar of Skippy.

4. NC4AB

NC4AB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Magnakeyer #086 is on my bench, the it is truly a work of art and is smooth as silk.
    The Bencher has been retired !!!.

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

FB52868C-922F-4B4A-9D8D-7D2EE90D45BA.jpeg #95 has arrived. Box looks like it went through hell to get here though the keyer seems to have survived the trip.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 5:36 AM