ad: ARR

Introducing the MAGNAKEYER

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by AE8J, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. VE4DLA

VE4DLA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've started another coffee can for one of these....

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Have key #015 now for about two weeks this is a very well made instrument and like the fact it's heavy and stays in place. Use it as a single lever key have never used iambic keying in close to 60 years on the air. Andy has made a great product at a very fair price.

3. AB3U

AB3U Subscriber QRZ Page

I received #21 today and was blown away how much better it worked than my previous paddle. This one's a keeper!

VE4DLA, K3EY and K3XR like this.
  4. VE4DLA

VE4DLA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

S'OK, I plan to develop the skill :D

5. K7GT

K7GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Received S/N 023 a few days back. It is a beautiful and solid iambic paddle. Adjustments to the set screws were easy (once I found the correct size key). The paddle compares favorably with the Bencher Hexkey (of which I have three). The only minor issue for me is that the fingerpieces are lower than other paddles in my fleet. Perhaps variant fingerpieces could be made available? 73 K7GT

K3XR likes this.
  6. K3EY

K3EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe place the paddle on a something to give it height, like a book. Personally that is my preference, low rider.

I know one thing, being that was my field for over 40 years---the price is UNTOUCHABLE!!

I would charge at least double that and probably more, and it's stainless no less!

7. N2YG

N2YG Ham Member QRZ Page

8. N2YG

N2YG Ham Member QRZ Page

How about replacing the feet with taller ones?

9. AE8J

AE8J Ham Member QRZ Page

The feet are screw on. Maybe some spacers between the base and feet would work.

10. K7GT

K7GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I will likely replace the feet with somewhat taller ones. Putting it on something elevated is a crutch, not a solution. Can't beat the price and quality, though. 73 K7GT