Introducing the MAGNAKEYER

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by AE8J, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N4JO

N4JO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid !!! I need to spend money on a multi-band rig and a decent antenna system, without which any number of keys would be useless. Thanks again, especially for your fast reply :).

2. N4JO

N4JO Ham Member QRZ Page

Big thanks to you too, W1BR. I don't have enough years left (or money, for that matter) to learn all this the hard way, so I need and very much appreciate the advice. Great to be a new member of this community, hope to meet you all on the air.

W1BR likes this.
  3. N4KHZ

N4KHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Here it is with Walt's WA8KBU beautiful cover!

20190515_205600.jpg

KJ4VTH likes this.
  4. KS5N

KS5N Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got word that #197 is on its way to me. Based on what has been written on this forum and the reviews on eham, I'm really looking forward to putting it to use.

W1BR likes this.
  5. KS1G

KS1G Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine (#193) arrived this week and got the cable wired (3-terminal version) and connected a few minutes ago. VERY nice, smooth action and stays put on the desk. Bencher just became a spare or maybe a hamfest or ebay in it's future..... Thanks!

W1BR likes this.
  6. KS5N

KS5N Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a true pleasure to use. Andy hit it out of the park when he designed these paddles.

KS1G likes this.
  7. AJ6CU

AJ6CU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi

Got a question on the two Allen head screws on the back (terminal side) of my unit. What do they adjust?

Mark
    AJ6CU

8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Your question makes me wonder if that 1969 Datsun 2000 belongs to you, and if so, do you ever wrench on it?

Have you as much as tried adjusting the two Allen head screws on the back of the unit to see what happens? It's a CW paddle, for goodness sake - not a nuclear bomb's trigger switch.

Judging from the photos in the original post, they either adjust the "off stop" position of the paddle or the "Individual adjustable magnets to hold contacts open".

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    NE1U likes this.
  9. AE8J

AE8J Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Mark, The two rear screws adjust the magnetic force that holds the contacts open. Turning clockwise increases the magnetic force. Do not over tighten these screws.

10. AJ6CU

AJ6CU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@WN1MB

You should see the bucket of broken bolts I have. :) That year Datsun was Metric on mechanical and SAE on body. And replacement parts could be from earlier (SAE) models. Made for an interesting game of "guess which wrench". In any case, looks like I broke something. Taking this offline with Andy to avoid any further embarrassment on my part....

Mark
    AJ6CU

KJ4VTH likes this.