Introducing the MAGNAKEYER

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by AE8J, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The dust covers from Walt WA8KBU arrived today. Beautiful workmanship and fit perfectly.

2. KI7RS

KI7RS Ham Member QRZ Page

I got Number 189 yesterday, and I love it. Thank you Andy.

3. N4KHZ

N4KHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

My #185. A 3/4" #6-32 SS machine screw and a nylon spacer used to raise the back so I can squeeze the finger pieces with my thumb and forefinger resting on the table surface... Perfect!

20190504_211130.jpg

4. N4JO

N4JO Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this still the best twin paddle key out there for the money? I'm just getting started in Amateur radio so this will be my first and only key. I am trying to spend my limited funds as wisely as possible, came here because I saw it for $80 on eHam.net reviews, and got all excited by this thread; but it's going to take gritted teeth to send that email to get on the waiting list, now I learn that the price has jumped up by 50%. From what I read I wouldn't be happy with a Portapaddle as my only key, the MFJ has less than stellar reviews, and even the Bencher and Kent are out of my price range. This is already almost three times the price I paid for my CW rig - a 40m QRP-Labs QCX. AM I doing the right thing?

5. KI7RS

I just started CW last year and I have 5 paddles ranging from 3D printed to the Magnakeyer. I also own the the MFJ paddle, and I've had a lot of problems with it. The set screws keep moving on me, so it didn't stay where I wanted it. This paddle is light years ahead of the the MFJ, and well worth the price difference.

6. NY7Q

NY7Q Ham Member QRZ Page

WHERE, AND HOW DO YOU BUY ONE OF THESE? MY CREDIT CARD IS READY FOR THIS TODAY.

7. KI7RS

Read the first post of the thread. The price has changed since the thread started.

8. N4JO

N4JO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, that's what I have heard from several sources now.

Thanks for that, KI7RS: a direct comparison of my options is what I needed. I've emailed my request.

9. KI7RS

You're welcome. I know you'll like it, and you'll avoid having to go through as many paddles as I have:)

10. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have several paddles. Two of my favorites are the Bencher and a Kent, but the Magnakeyer blows them away. Smooth as silk.