Introducing the MAGNAKEYER

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by AE8J, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K1ZBT

K1ZBT Subscriber QRZ Page

Funny stuff!

2. AE8J

AE8J Ham Member QRZ Page

We have reduced the backlog to manageable numbers and are once again accepting requests for Magnakeyers.

I have made a design change by replacing the three rear binding posts with a 3.5mm stereo socket. Attached are photos of both styles. I am offering either style for a limited time. Please specify your preference when ordering.

As of last December the new price is $120.00 which includes UPS ground shipping in con U.S.

Thanks for your interest in Magnakeyer.
    Andy
    AE8J

Attached Files:

N8DAH, KP4SX, K9CPO and 1 other person like this.
  3. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Still waiting for an AE8J straight key Andy... need one to compliment the excellent Maganakeyer paddle on my desk.

Pete

4. AJ6CU

AJ6CU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Proud owner of #170! What a great key! Andy, thank you for providing these at what must be a labor of love!

Mark
    AJ6CU

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's nice. I'm sure things are good in your world.
    In other news, mine arrived today. Amazing! Even better than the excellent K8RA paddles. If you like CW, or think you might like CW, get one now.

6. AE8J

AE8J Ham Member QRZ Page

Design is now complete for the Magnakeyer Single lever keyer. Prototypes are in production. Next phase will be beta testing. Availability is scheduled for July.

Thanks for your interest in Magnakeyer.

Andy

AE8J

Attached Files:

N8DAH and K9CPO like this.
  7. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

This is excellent news, Andy.

8. KM4WHO

KM4WHO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Pleased put me on the list for a single key version. Do I need to send some sort of deposit?

9. N4KHZ

N4KHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Received #185 a few days ago! Yes, me too, the best key I've ever owned, truly a work of art, I'm very happy to have purchased it!

When I use paddles, I rest my arm and my hand down, directly on the table, with my thumb and forefinger resting on the tabletop. I can totally relax my hand as I key. No lifting up of the back of my hand or fingers at all. I've experimented with raising the back two feet so I can place my fingers down on the tabletop and my fingertips can feel and squeeze the bottom edge of the fingerpieces. Photo attached.

20190504_045241.jpg

I've totally excited to have this wonderful key! Thanks Andy! 73...

10. K9CPO

K9CPO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yesterday I received #182. Thank you Andy! I chose the key with with the 3.5 mm stereo socket for a clean connection. I practiced with it for a few hours last night and tweaked the settings so I could get that sweet spot for sending. This morning I made a few QSO's and the Magnakeyer did not disappoint. This key is a smooth operating key. I use this dual paddle key like a single paddle and it works very well. This is now my main key. 73 Bottom Magna.jpg