Introducing myself...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AG5WT, Oct 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Johnnie,

I just left Mississippi after being in Jackson for 15 years. Welcome to amateur radio also beware that internet forums and ham radio are not necessarily the same. Folks are much nicer on the air generally. Still as you say you can get much info here.

2. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You will find the hams here are quite intelligent, except me.
    QRZ is the best run service.
    Welcome to the amateur radio service as defined by the FCC.

3. KN4RUB

KN4RUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome!! I just joined myself!

N3AWS likes this.
  4. AG5WT

AG5WT Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome, KN4RUB. I've noticed a lot of hams are from Florida, looks like you have a good bit of company down there.

5. AG5WT

AG5WT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice, Jim. Thanks for your service. We've got the new 4-lane that takes us all the way to Moss Point. Makes that trip much easier than it used to be. The highway is always dead, has hardly any traffic on it, haha.

N3AWS likes this.
  6. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your support! We are trying to revive the ham club (K5TYP) at Keesler if you have any interest. Seems the equipment is still there and in storage, so hopefully we'll have some measure of success. More about this in the Clubs forum.

Jim N3AWS

7. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Welcome to the hobby! It's one of the great ones, for sure. I've been a ham since 1966, and enjoyed every minute of it. I hope you do too. :)

8. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HI JOHN,

IF TIME ALLOWS, CHECK OUT THIS INFO.

So Now What? Podcast
    10/03/2019
    “You’re not ‘Just’ a Tech” — featuring Andy Milluzzi, KK4LWR — will be the focus of the new (October 3) episode of the So Now What? podcast for Amateur Radio newcomers.

If you’re a newly licensed Amateur Radio operator, chances are you have lots of questions. This biweekly podcast has answers! So Now What? offers insights from those who’ve been just where you are now. New episodes will be posted every other Thursday, alternating new-episode weeks with the ARRL The Doctor is In podcast.

so now what pix.jpg
    http://www.arrl.org/news/so-now-what-podcast-9

9. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

good choice. I believe learning to use ALL the predominant modes is key a successful & fulfilling amateur radio hobby.

K8BZ likes this.
  10. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

It's like that a lot around here! Don't sweat the small stuff. And it's ALL small stuff!