Intersted in the new VX-8

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by N7DFF, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AI6PU

AI6PU Ham Member QRZ Page

Were you the guy ahead of me in line at HRO?

As for overwriting the wrong freq, can't you use 000.000 as a new freq?

2. N6NGO

N6NGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know - I was at the Anaheim store about 1700 yesterday - there was only one other person in the store. (?)

I'll just overwrite that mem channel with another freq. I just thought if there was an easy way to delete it I'd do that, but apparently that doesn't look like it's possible.

3. AI6PU

AI6PU Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope, I was there about 1300.

I wonder how much popularity there may be for a VX-8 user group meeting in the Inland Empire area.

4. N6RDC

N6RDC Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting to see a couple of other members out in the Inland Empire,
    I got my VX-8R from AES. Enjoying it so far. Either of you I.E. guys use the APRS yet?

5. AA6QQ

AA6QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

If you want to easily delete and add memories get the RT Systems software, you just highlight the memory you want to delete, right click, choose "delete channel" and it's gone.

Right now RT Systems is sold out again, that in itself is an indication as to how good it is. I think they will be shipping more on 6/10, $65.00 and free shipping, they also include continued updates as firmware fixes are available.

Everything can be set from this software, including everything in the set menu along with the APRS menu, you will never have to push another button to set it up. I have 540 memories, HAM and scanning memories in twelve banks and it's all backed up on my computer. If there is a glitch, I just run the program again and fix it. http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm#

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.