ad: M2Ant-1

International Lighthouse/ Ship weekend

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by N2LXM, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N2LXM

N2LXM Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings All. As the True International Lighthouse / Lightship weekend approaches we at the Ocean Monmouth Amateur Radio Club are looking forward to working as many stations as we can. We hope to on the air by 13:00 UTC with HF going on line first. Look for N2MO on 20 and 40 meters first, we will be using CW, PSK-31, and SBB. For those closer to us we will be calling on the National two Meter Simplex Calling Frequency of 146.520 Mhz, and as stations are heard we will then move off to a standard Simplex frequency. Hope to hear on the air, and please check out our web site for QSL information at " www.omarc.org " . 73's de Jeff N2LXM

2. M3ENF

M3ENF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Chasing lighthouses and lightships myself - looking forward to working some of you who are taking part!

3. VK2CE

VK2CE Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck Tammie. I think it is true to say that conditions are much better this year, and about time too. 2008 is a record year for participation with 404 listed on our web site which is the first time ever that 400 has been reached. The 50 from Australia is really pleasing for me and just proves that people do read the stuff I write. Hi!

Have a great weekend everyone and make lots of contacts. Just remember the only exchange required in this event are friendly words rather than signal reports and numbers.

4. M3ENF

Here in England I am going up and down ALL HF bands and not finding many new lighthouses or lightships - not sure if a lot of people have gone home or maybe conditions are band into southern England... have had to get the chocolate out to keep me going LOL.

5. G4LNA

G4LNA Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked a few here Tammie, but I don't think band conditions were very good, I did manage to fill a page of the log without really trying but no DX at all. I think the Light House station were struggling a bit as well.

6. M3ENF

Hi Paul, managed 34 lighthouses/lightships here - still trying for the last couple of hours! :) Got a new DXCC entity as well a couple of new IOTA numbers too - so not bad for me!

7. G4LNA

G4LNA Ham Member QRZ Page

I must admit Tammie I was on 30 Mtrs on the key and there were quite a few on there, that's where I worked most of them. 40 Mtrs was strange working UK stations this afternoon only about 40 or 50 miles from me, but very few light house stations which is really odd.

8. M3ENF

UK wise I heard and spoke to quite a few - picked up more in the last couple of hours than I did all weekend. I am normally operating from one myself but my local club were unable to get hold of the new owner this year, maybe next year!

9. W2ANQ

W2ANQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On November 1st, 2008
    The Great South Bay Amateur Radio Club will be Hosting a Special Event Station at the Fire Island Lighthouse for it's 150th Anniversary.

W2GSB/LH Will be operating from the old Coast Guard Lifesaving Station located just East of the Fire Island Light.

1200 Zulu to 2100 Zulu W2GSB/LH Tentative Frequencies as follows:
    SSB 14.260mhz 7.250mhz 3.755mhz CW 14.040mhz 7.030mhz 3.530mhz
    PSK 14.070mhz

QSL and SASE to W2GSB/LH
    PO Box 1356
    West Babylon, NY 11704

10. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

On October 18-19th 2008

The Magnolia DX Association in Mississippi is going to doing an IOTA operation to EAST SHIP ISLAND in the gulf of mexico that weekend and it just so happens that the Island we'll be on has LIGHT HOUSE USA-756 / USA-1141. I don't recall when these were last activated but it's been over 10 years since the WEST Island has been activated. We're going to the EAST island which has NEVER been activated. So hopefully we'll be able to activate this light house for some hams.

We'll hope to hear you all out there. All of our participation information is on our website for the event: http://www.k5s-na082.com We're also in QRZ as K5S and K5Z

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.